Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

Received an MD invite at 9:54 AM EST!

Edit to include stats for reference: 

GPA:  4.00 wGPA

MCAT: just met cut-offs

ECs: balanced across the OMSAS categories, range of short to long-term activities I think, personally didn't have a particular focus and dabbled in different areas/areas I was interested in. For research, had one co-author pub, an abstract book "pub", a co-author paper in submission, NSERC-USRA, local and national conference presentations and co-author on an international conference presentation. 

Essays: wrote them day before and morning of OMSAS deadline. So.. I was not particularly confident in them and this is a pleasant surprise! I made sure to include one essay on research in my BPEs and in my ABS statements (not sure if that is significant or not). Made sure to convey my experiences as profound as possible while touching on UofT's clusters

References: only know one was great and I don't know about the other two but likely net positive   

Year: 4th year undergrad

Time to get on that 2 weeks of prep! 

TIME STAMP: 10:00 AM

Result: Interview (MD) IP

GPA:  3.87 cGPA (Do not qualify for wGPA)

MCAT: Met cutoffs (CARS 124)

ECs: Research heavy, 3 co-author papers, 2 conferences, CGS-M, NSERC USRA, graduate school Ecs and other community activities that I genuinely did for myself.

Essays: Very personal, worked really hard on them and had a 1st MD student look over it. 

Year: Completed Msc, currently working

3rd cycle applying and finally getting interviews. This year, really focused on getting solid reference letters and worked a lot on the essays.

TIME STAMP: 10:09 am EST

Result: Interview (MD)

GPA: 4.00 wGPA 

MCAT: 519 (126 CARS)

ECs: Unique, diverse, and long term. Good amount of research as well (no pubs, but have conference presentations).

Essays: honestly, thought they were worse than last year, but I guess not? I did them the night before lol. 

Year: 4

I’m still shaking... this one comes as a complete shock, especially after waiting all the way until late March last year for a rejection!

TIME STAMP: 9:45 AM

GPA:  3.99 cGPA (Don't qualify for wGPA)

MCAT: Above cutoffs 

ECs: Some leadership positions, volunteering within my community/tutoring, some research, a few scholarships + awards. 

Essays: Very personal... made sure they gave the reader a good sense of who I am! 

Year: BSc 2020 

So grateful for this opportunity :) Goodluck to everybody this cycle!!!

30 minutes ago, p12345lu said:

Invite for March 7th. See other post for stats. 

first time getting an invite in 3 years. My essays were complete garbage the two years prior but this year they are so much better. I actually couldn't believe what I wrote the first 2 cycles I applied and at those moments in time, I actually thought they were good lmao. 

Same!! First interview(s) ever in three years :)) Gl!!! 

58 minutes ago, naptime98 said:

Feb 19 2021

TIME STAMP: 9:49 AM

GPA:  3.94 wGPA

MCAT: 522

ECs: MSc research, leadership in a sport, some advocacy work

Essays: Felt pretty good about them, spent about 3 weeks in total on them

Year: MSc in progress

Congrats!!! Do you mind if I ask if you're in 2nd year MSc?

1 hour ago, Babybilly said:

TIME STAMP: 10:00 AM

Result: Interview (MD) IP

GPA:  3.87 cGPA (Do not qualify for wGPA)

MCAT: 508 (CARS 124)

ECs: Research heavy, 3 co-author papers, 2 international conferences, CGS-M, NSERC USRA, graduate school Ecs and other community activities that I genuinely did for myself.

Essays: Very personal, worked really hard on them and had a 1st MD student look over it. 

Year: Completed Msc, currently working

3rd cycle applying and finally getting interviews. This year, really focused on getting solid reference letters and worked a lot on the essays.

Hey I have similar stats and was wondering if you had gotten an interview elsewhere? Just out of curiosity, you don't have to answer if you're uncomfortable doing so