Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

TIME STAMP: 9:41am

Result: Invite!!! (MD)

GPA:  3.79 cGPA (wGPA i think 3.9ish????)

MCAT: 513

ECs: lots!

Essays: felt good - edited for a month or so by many friends

Year: graduated undergrad in 2020, currently working

shaking - second app cycle and first ever interview. did not expect it and have never interview prepped before so please msg if anyone wants to prep together! even if u got dat lower cGPA, its possible!!

Assuming it’s an R now so.:(

gpa: 3.99

ECs: not insanely strong but I have some research, lots of teaching/mentorship

essays: had them reviewed by 2 UofT med students- one said it was the strongest essays he had reviewed so far. I love writing so I don’t think it was that? But who tf knows

MCAT: 516 (129/128/130/129)

this one really hurt me. I felt extremely confident in my essays. This is far from my first R (4 R’s, 2 invites), but I really, really wanted U of T. I’m really hurt

4 minutes ago, Serotonindeficient said:

Assuming it’s an R now so.:(

gpa: 3.99

ECs: not insanely strong but I have some research, lots of teaching/mentorship

essays: had them reviewed by 2 UofT med students- one said it was the strongest essays he had reviewed so far. I love writing so I don’t think it was that? But who tf knows

MCAT: 516 (129/128/130/129)

this one really hurt me. I felt extremely confident in my essays. This is far from my first R (4 R’s, 2 invites), but I really, really wanted U of T. I’m really hurt

Are you a fourth year?

22 minutes ago, Giggledthemonster said:

Does anyone know if all the invites have been sent out already? Clinging to any last bits of hope that they might be sent out later :(

By end of day today I imagine the vast majority will have gone out given the 2 weeks notice they always try to give (so there's definitely hope until then), but there's also always a shortlist of people on the interview waitlist until pretty close to the final interview date, who will scoop up any spots as a result of cancellations and whatnot. There's obviously a lot less invites that go out that way, but it can happen. With Toronto it's really never over till you get the R, which can unfortunately take a long while. It's a really crummy & stressful process for sure though, hang in there :( 

30 minutes ago, Ak99 said:

Is anyone still waiting for an email? I’m debating reaching out to them to ask if I might have missed mine somehow... 

Same, I still haven't heard from there. I was also thinking of emailing them, since I initially didn't get the UFT verifier info email back in December. Somehow it was filtered out.

18 minutes ago, Chocolatelover said:

Same, I still haven't heard from there. I was also thinking of emailing them, since I initially didn't get the UFT verifier info email back in December. Somehow it was filtered out.

I'm in the same boat. I didn't receive their initial email and I'm worried I already heard back from them but the email was filtered out like the first time. Does it look bad to email them or is that acceptable? 

On 3/5/2021 at 10:59 AM, TheFlyGuy said:

By end of day today I imagine the vast majority will have gone out given the 2 weeks notice they always try to give (so there's definitely hope until then), but there's also always a shortlist of people on the interview waitlist until pretty close to the final interview date, who will scoop up any spots as a result of cancellations and whatnot. There's obviously a lot less invites that go out that way, but it can happen. With Toronto it's really never over till you get the R, which can unfortunately take a long while. It's a really crummy & stressful process for sure though, hang in there :( 

I think I was on this "shortlist" of people on the interview waitlist for the March.7th interview. I'm curious if this means I was lower in the ranking :( as I wasn't given the interview during the 1st wave of invites? 

12 hours ago, snowywong88 said:

I think I was on this "shortlist" of people on the interview waitlist for the March.7th interview. I'm curious if this means I was lower in the ranking :( as I wasn't given the interview during the 1st wave of invites? 

How long did you have to prep?