Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

2 hours ago, struggles12345 said:

So is the Feb 6th interview date completely full now?

When do they send out rejections? 

I would assume probably so. It's less than two weeks now until the interview date. During the webinar, they mentioned rejections will start going out the 'last few weeks of January'. This is the last week of January. This is the week rejections will start rolling out unfortunately.

I just came across this thread while looking for resources to prep for interviews. I heard from UofT on Jan. 15. Figured I'd post my info in case it helps anyone:

TIME STAMP: 4:15PM

Result: Interview (MD)

GPA:  3.98

MCAT: 523 (128 CARS)

ECs: Some volunteering, a handful of recent leadership positions, various scholarships, a couple summers of research but no publications. Had a couple of impressive achievements from high school with 500+ hours logged and international recognition, which might've helped too.

Essays: Felt OK about them. I'm not a very strong writer, but I got lots of feedback from friends & med students so they were polished by the time I submitted my application. 

Year: 3rd year!!! (from a different university in Ontario)

On the subject of UofT interviews, is anyone looking for an interview practice buddy to do some last-minute prep with a stranger? Please reach out if you're interested! 

Also, good luck to everyone else with apps and interviews this year! :)

11 hours ago, shiron said:

@Lolz1 @rainy

Just got their email this morning. They said they are unable to tell us when we should expect to hear back from them but that someone will contact us directly once it has been sorted out. 

Do you have interview at UBC on February 6?

have you received any email from them regarding zoom link to log in for Feb 1 virtual registration? I am a bit concerned.

1 hour ago, ssjgoku said:

I applied to the MD/PhD program at UofT but I haven't heard back yet. Would this mean I am no longer considered for the MD/PhD program and now only the MD program since we are quickly approaching the interview dates for MD/PhD?

I actually contacted the coordinator, Kendra, and she said if you didn't hear back on Jan 14-15, it's basically an R. You're now being considered for the MD stream.

3 hours ago, cptnlevi said:

I actually contacted the coordinator, Kendra, and she said if you didn't hear back on Jan 14-15, it's basically an R. You're now being considered for the MD stream.

I didn't apply to MD/PhD but do you think the new MD/PhD date of Feb 28th, which is synchronous vMPI is for the PhD portion? 

https://applymd.utoronto.ca/interviewing

6 hours ago, rainy said:

Hve you heard anything regarding rescheduling of new interview date yet?

No, I haven't heard back since their last email about waiting for someone to contact us and that they were unable to provide me with an estimate of when to expect a response as well. So, I'm really sure what to do at this point. Do you think it's safe to assume that our interview won't be on Feb 6th, since we never got a confirmation letter back? 

11 hours ago, PreMed#219099 said:

what do you think is the most likely timeline for next round of invites? 

I may be mistaken, but I remember someone saying that in their latest video UofT said that a rejection wave would come out by the end of January. I don't think one has come out yet, so perhaps today is the day?

50 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

I may be mistaken, but I remember someone saying that in their latest video UofT said that a rejection wave would come out by the end of January. I don't think one has come out yet, so perhaps today is the day?

Yea i watched the UofT interview video and they said rejections would be end of January, so maybe? 

3 hours ago, shiron said:

No, I haven't heard back since their last email about waiting for someone to contact us and that they were unable to provide me with an estimate of when to expect a response as well. So, I'm really sure what to do at this point. Do you think it's safe to assume that our interview won't be on Feb 6th, since we never got a confirmation letter back? 

No, I dont think it is on feb 6 because we did not get any information. I believe it would come with next invites. I will send them an email today to get an update.

19 minutes ago, rainy said:

No, I dont think it is on feb 6 because we did not get any information. I believe it would come with next invites. I will send them an email today to get an update.

I wish they kept us informed instead of keeping us in the dark. Let me know what they say when they reply back!