Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

14 hours ago, cactus97 said:

I emailed them about my conflict and they just got back to me saying that its no problem and that I will receive a new invitation mid February for the next interview date. I'm assuming the same will be for anyone who indicated a conflict in the survey. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for letting us know! 

Has anyone who is interviewing Feb 6 done the practice/technology test yet? I just completed it and I was under the impression that it would just be one practice question but there were 4 and when I was done it said "Well done! You have reached the end of your interview with the Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto!".

I know I'm probably just being neurotic and freaking out but that seemed a lot more official than I thought the technology test would be, and the neurotic part of me feels like I just did the real interview (but in plain clothes because I thought it was just the test) and didn't give great answers

45 minutes ago, carrots said:

Has anyone who is interviewing Feb 6 done the practice/technology test yet? I just completed it and I was under the impression that it would just be one practice question but there were 4 and when I was done it said "Well done! You have reached the end of your interview with the Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto!".

I know I'm probably just being neurotic and freaking out but that seemed a lot more official than I thought the technology test would be, and the neurotic part of me feels like I just did the real interview (but in plain clothes because I thought it was just the test) and didn't give great answers

Ohhhh yeah dw ur not alone. I freaked out a bit too, even more so than when i was facing the beast titan at wall maria

19 hours ago, cactus97 said:

I emailed them about my conflict and they just got back to me saying that its no problem and that I will receive a new invitation mid February for the next interview date. I'm assuming the same will be for anyone who indicated a conflict in the survey. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the update

3 hours ago, carrots said:

OH Yeah, I had the same feeling. I actually did the technology test, but didn't have my ID card thing prepped or the proper Official Government ID, and just kind of used it as a test to see if my audio qualioty was worknig or not. But seeing how official it was, its make me think that they might actyually REVIEW these videos to check for quality. I'm going to see if I can do the tech test again this time with the proper material and see if it works out

31 minutes ago, mustbemed said:

What are the questions on the test one?

I'm hoenstly not sure if I can say as they make you sign a confidentiality contract, but they aren't like typical interview questions, more like random questions just for you to talk and respond to for practice. I don't see the questions they ask being the ones similar to the actual interview, at least I hope not.

29 minutes ago, MMK said:

Was anyone's uploaded video quality crappy as well? When I'm recording the video it looks good, but when its uploaded its super pixelated.

Hmmm, mine looked ok after uploading. Maybe make sure you’re close to your wifi router to get the best wifi? I’m not great with technology hahaha so I’m not sure what other things you could do 

10 hours ago, MMK said:

Was anyone's uploaded video quality crappy as well? When I'm recording the video it looks good, but when its uploaded its super pixelated.

YES. Mine was too... maybe it just looks like that on our end? My camera quality is always fine so I was freaking out. I'm glad someone else is in the same boat!

3 hours ago, Student98 said:

YES. Mine was too... maybe it just looks like that on our end? My camera quality is always fine so I was freaking out. I'm glad someone else is in the same boat!

Same thing happened to me and my video quality is also typically good! I tried changing location to see if it was an internet thing but it wasn't. So I think the video quality on the website is just not the best. 

On 1/30/2021 at 5:33 PM, carrots said:

I think in the interview invitation confirmation email, it also said that for the real thing, "you will receive an interview completion confirmation sent from the no-reply email md.admissionsoffice@survey.utoronto.ca" did you get something like that?

57 minutes ago, nrcplstake said:

I think in the interview invitation confirmation email, it also said that for the real thing, "you will receive an interview completion confirmation sent from the no-reply email md.admissionsoffice@survey.utoronto.ca" did you get something like that?

No I didn't get any kind of completion email, which was definitely reassuring! You mentioned that you emailed them to confirm it was the mock - can you post here when they reply (just for extra confirmation)? :)

21 hours ago, Jjjhsil said:

have regrets come out yet?

Usually only a smattering of Rs come out between Jan and March, with the big bulk of them in mid-Marsh (and a final few in late march or early April), so not unexpected for most people to have not heard just yet.

13 minutes ago, lucia said:

Has anyone been invited to interview on Mar 7 or 21?

These invites probably haven't been sent out at all just yet, usually happens about 2-3 weeks out from the date. For reference, last year the bulk of the invites for March 1st went out on Feb 14th.