Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

53 minutes ago, digitalhealthdreamer said:

Are we expecting to get U of T Rejects and / or invites this week?

Friday will be the 3 week-ish mark for the March 7 interview date. They sent out the Feb. 6 emails at the 3 week mark as well. Otherwise, the next Friday will be the 2 week mark, and they say that they will give interviewees minimum 2 week notice. So the safe answer is we will hear something in the next 2 weeks lol

23 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Friday will be the 3 week-ish mark for the March 7 interview date. They sent out the Feb. 6 emails at the 3 week mark as well. Otherwise, the next Friday will be the 2 week mark, and they say that they will give interviewees minimum 2 week notice. So the safe answer is we will hear something in the next 2 weeks lol

Is that the last round of interview or are there one in April?

55 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Posts on other interview/regrets pages: Pages 1-3: When with they come out. Pages4+: THEY'RE OU. Silence till next year.

UofT interview/regrets page: Pages 1-8: When are they coming out, have rejections been sent out, what is the purpose of life?

we should get a separate discussion thread going tbh

TIME STAMP: 2:03 ET

Result: R 

GPA:  3.8 OMSAS, unsure of eligibility for wGPA 

ECs: no research. Very thin on volunteering/employment/leadership positions. National team and NCAA D1 athlete, most of my app was national/international sports awards. 

Year: graduated 2019 

Good luck to all! 

On 2/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, tt97 said:

TIME STAMP: 3:06 ET

Result: R 

GPA:  3.97 OMSAS

ECs: heavy research

Essay: not confident

Referee: ok

Year: graduated 2019 

Good luck to all! 

Sorry to hear that!!

Does anyone have a guess at how many rejections were sent out on Tuesday? I thought they usually send them out after all the invites, so now I'm wondering if many R's were sent or if it's just a few and giving me false hope :/

1 hour ago, hopefulpremed4 said:

Sorry to hear that!!

Does anyone have a guess at how many rejections were sent out on Tuesday? I thought they usually send them out after all the invites, so now I'm wondering if many R's were sent or if it's just a few and giving me false hope :/

Definitely more than reported in PM101. You can find others in premedcanada subreddit but no one knows how many Rs in total were sent.

Has anyone ever heard of a student with a 3.8 wgpa get an interview (not a grad applicant, just regular undergrad) for UofT? The new weighing formula really deflated things for me tbh.

Not sure if its worth pursuing a Master's degree in the fall to try and boost chances at this point. My understanding from their website is that a course-based Master's still puts students into the grad applicant pool (not just the thesis-based ones)...does anyone know if this is correct? 

20 minutes ago, sciencegirl314 said:

Has anyone ever heard of a student with a 3.8 wgpa get an interview (not a grad applicant, just regular undergrad) for UofT? The new weighing formula really deflated things for me tbh.

Not sure if its worth pursuing a Master's degree in the fall to try and boost chances at this point. My understanding from their website is that a course-based Master's still puts students into the grad applicant pool (not just the thesis-based ones)...does anyone know if this is correct? 

Course-based masters only gives you a grad applicant boost once you graduate from it. There will be one cycle where you are still assessed in the UG stream. Additionally, a course-based masters is the smallest “boost” you can get by being a grad applicant, so it may not be enough to make up for a GPA on the lower end.In order from smallest to largest impact on your application:

Course-based Masters complete

Research-based Masters in progress

Research-based Masters complete

PhD in progress

PhD complete

56 minutes ago, naptime98 said:

Course-based masters only gives you a grad applicant boost once you graduate from it. There will be one cycle where you are still assessed in the UG stream. Additionally, a course-based masters is the smallest “boost” you can get by being a grad applicant, so it may not be enough to make up for a GPA on the lower end.In order from smallest to largest impact on your application:

Course-based Masters complete

Research-based Masters in progress

Research-based Masters complete

PhD in progress

PhD complete

Hey thank you so much for following up on my question! Super helpful to hear from you :)

Just wanted to quickly clarify one thing though to be very safe: we are only allowed to apply in the final year/second year of the course-based Master's...so if I apply in Fall 2022 for Fall 2023 entry (while I'm in my final/second year of this degree), I would still be assessed in the UG stream as I have not actually graduated from the course-based Master's? Their website does not explicitly explain all this so thought I'd confirm.

5 minutes ago, sciencegirl314 said:

Hey thank you so much for following up on my question! Super helpful to hear from you :)

Just wanted to quickly clarify one thing though to be very safe: we are only allowed to apply in the final year/second year of the course-based Master's...so if I apply in Fall 2022 for Fall 2023 entry (while I'm in my final/second year of this degree), I would still be assessed in the UG stream as I have not actually graduated from the course-based Master's? Their website does not explicitly explain all this so thought I'd confirm.

That's correct, the determination of your graduate status occurs at the time of application, so if you're still in a course-based degree on Oct 1st when you submit on OMSAS, you'll be assessed as an undergad for that cycle.