Premed 101 Forums

USASK 2021 PHARMACY APPLICANTS - CLASS OF 2025

Sunshine2021

• Sunshine2021 changed the title to USASK 2021 PHARMACY APPLICANTS - CLASS OF 2025
  • 4 months later...
On 1/29/2021 at 8:07 PM, Sunshine2021 said:

Deadline for Personal Video Interview is February 28, 2021 !

Hey! Not sure if you’re continuing with this thread but I haven’t seen much from other students :)! I swear as it gets closer to the end of the month my anxiety ramps up. 

10 hours ago, didi457 said:

Same! From Alberta 

Oh cool! I’m applying from BC. Crossing my fingers, maybe we will end up being 2 out of the 14 :D Looking back on the conversations from last year, it looks like they found out June 29th in the evening.

Any tips on how to get your mind fully off this till the moment that matters (aka receiving the email with an answer)? I work at a pharmacy full time, so that does me zero favours. But as much as I try to push it out of my mind, the nerves are underlying and impacting my sleep and tummy :wacko:

12 hours ago, ABG24 said:

Any tips on how to get your mind fully off this till the moment that matters (aka receiving the email with an answer)? I work at a pharmacy full time, so that does me zero favours. But as much as I try to push it out of my mind, the nerves are underlying and impacting my sleep and tummy :wacko:

I’m in the same boat ahah! I don’t think there’s a way to forget about it but just know that you’re not alone :) 

7 hours ago, didi457 said:

I’m in the same boat ahah! I don’t think there’s a way to forget about it but just know that you’re not alone :)

Very true :)! I did notice last night that the status of my application finally changed from submitted to complete. Nice to know some progress is occurring! 

13 hours ago, roger45 said:

Yep! Same thing for me. Bit late to the party but ya I’ve been checking my email every morning for an acceptance letter and I keep getting trolled with surveys from USask haha. 

(OOP applicant as well. Hopefully we all get in!)

Haha! That’s so funny. I think we are all a bit late to the party :lol:. I was surprised that not many people have been posting online on either this site or other websites. Just looking over the last couple years and looked like many people were chatting online. Maybe people are just sick of being online after this pandemic lol. 

How did you guys feel about the CASPer and video interview? I know I felt with CASPer I didn’t feel confident due to my terrible typing skills (I’m not a great millennial lol), and the interview I found not too bad but awkward since my web cam is not only trash but recording myself just felt like I was talking to myself haha. 
Also, just an added note. Even if this year it doesn’t work out, you will get where you’re supposed to be! Trust that everything is working out for you, even when it feels like it’s not. 

3 hours ago, ABG24 said:

How did you guys feel about the CASPer and video interview? I know I felt with CASPer I didn’t feel confident due to my terrible typing skills (I’m not a great millennial lol), and the interview I found not too bad but awkward since my web cam is not only trash but recording myself just felt like I was talking to myself haha. 
Also, just an added note. Even if this year it doesn’t work out, you will get where you’re supposed to be! Trust that everything is working out for you, even when it feels like it’s not. 

Casper: I was actually worried because some people were saying you don’t need to type fast as long as you get to your answer, and others were saying it looks better if you could type as much as possible. I ended up doing type racer and journalling my thoughts for 2 months prior to my casper and was averaging ~74wpm. It felt okay but in retrospect some of my answers may have been bad.

Interview: I think the last two questions I may have hit out of the park. I don’t say this for the first question though because it caught me off guard (wasn’t a hard question though).

... and yeah hopefully we get in but never hurts to come back if we don’t! 

12 minutes ago, roger45 said:

Casper: I was actually worried because some people were saying you don’t need to type fast as long as you get to your answer, and others were saying it looks better if you could type as much as possible. I ended up doing type racer and journalling my thoughts for 2 months prior to my casper and was averaging ~74wpm. It felt okay but in retrospect some of my answers may have been bad.

Interview: I think the last two questions I may have hit out of the park. I don’t say this for the first question though because it caught me off guard (wasn’t a hard question though).

... and yeah hopefully we get in but never hurts to come back if we don’t! 

I think they also accept point form, so maybe that’s why they said that you don’t need to be fast on the keyboard. But I personally can’t get my point across in a couple words. That’s a pretty great typing speed though! I’m sure they were better thank you think. Those situations are given to have so many different perspectives, so don’t beat yourself up if you missed a couple points. My “shift” key was broken when I wrote it, so I really feel bad for whoever had to interpret my scrabbled thoughts lol. 
I suspect we also got different questions for the interview portion. I felt the same way. Hopefully it comes across well to them since that’s the only real introduction to who we are, not on paper. 

10 minutes ago, ABG24 said:

My “shift” key was broken when I wrote it, so I really feel bad for whoever had to interpret my scrabbled thoughts lol. 

Ya I had a similar issue except my “e” key was pressing double halfway through the CASPER, so I was frantically deleting double “e’s” whenever they came up (surprising wrench thrown into my CASPER).

But yno, that’s the way it goes sometimes !

1 hour ago, roger45 said:

Ya I had a similar issue except my “e” key was pressing double halfway through the CASPER, so I was frantically deleting double “e’s” whenever they came up (surprising wrench thrown into my CASPER).

But yno, that’s the way it goes sometimes !

Oh that does not sound like a good time! But I don’t think they’re looking for correct grammar and spelling (even though that does help to get the point across better, obviously lol). 

1 hour ago, Pharmacy999 said:

Do you guys think we will find out by the end of this week? 

Hopefully. But from what I read last year, they all got notified June 29th. And when I emailed someone from admissions a few weeks ago, she said to expect to hear back early July. 

1 hour ago, ABG24 said:

Really wish they would have given us a set day of when to expect a decision. I feel like I’m back in my undergrad checking my email constantly as I await my final marks lol. 

So I emailed the admissions and apparently, the applicants will be notified either by the end of this week or early next week. I'm also checking my email everyday for some news lol

1 hour ago, Sondos said:

So I emailed the admissions and apparently, the applicants will be notified either by the end of this week or early next week. I'm also checking my email everyday for some news lol

Looks like their making their decisions. I just got waitlisted :(