Premed 101 Forums

McGill Interview Invites/Regrets 2021 | Invitations aux entrevues 2021

Médicomage

11 minutes ago, pharm95 said:

Thank you! So everyone on the waitlist should expect some sort of notification by Wednesday? 

Doubt it will be that fast. I've seen bumps on the waitlist until the day before interviews. You have to fill out a few documents which will need to be processed including NDA and language selection for the interview. That being said, end of next week is probably a good time to expect some movement. 

Last year the list moved quite a bit, I am not as sure what this year will bring considering the travel aspect will be voided considering its video interview. I know a few people who could not attend certain interviews due to travel time, etc. Fingers crossed for you!!!!

5 minutes ago, committed-premed said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this.. but does anyone know where I can find my McGill ID number? 

If ever you can't log on and don't have a mcgill email, you can search in your email inbox. They send a confirmation with that number or even look at your workbook lol!

6 minutes ago, Jjj7860 said:

I’m from Alberta but am attending McGill for undergrad. Am I considered a “Quebec University” student or OOP? 

did u submit any documents for being counted as IP, if u did, they should add Quebec residency verified on ur minerva

On 1/22/2021 at 10:33 AM, Jjj7860 said:

I’m from Alberta but am attending McGill for undergrad. Am I considered a “Quebec University” student or OOP? 

You're considered as a Quebec resident if you fulfill any of the following 14 criterias: https://www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments/quebec. Your QC residency is verified during the application process.

6 minutes ago, Jjj7860 said:

I think you need to reside in QC for one year while not attending school full-time. Memory is foggy but you can search the admissions page, they have the breakdown here

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements/elements/proof-citizenship-or-residency

TIME STAMP: checked at 10h43
Result: Regrets
GPA: 3.78 (3.9 at Udem)
ECs (CV): 1 pub in high impact journal (was not approved by the time of submitting my application), 1 review in the writing process, few poster presentation, few volunteering, fund raising, some internships (lab and clinics), member of the graduating committee and few summer jobs here and there
Year: 3 rd UG

Feelings about Casper: don't think it went well. Hopefully I'll do better next year.

Applicant category: QC university 

sorry, I couldn't resist.

I am back. and still waiting. it seems they are releasing one by one (not per group like last year).

also there seems to be no logical order (not alphabetical, not category), my wild guess is that it depends on when you applied (first get an update first and last ones get answered last, not rolling admission like in the US though).

Keep hope alive!!!

Time stamp- sometime around 10

Results- further review required

GPA-3.94

MCAT- 520

Ecs - finishing PhD so lots of research, multiple publications, conferences, presentations and posters. Many awards some from undergrad a bunch from grad school. Lots if sports related stuff. VP of graduate student council. Volunteer with various community outreach programs.

Casper- didn't get a mac interview but didnt get cut from dal so probably not awesome but not terrible 

I'm OOP

TIME STAMP: 11:00 (minerva)
Result: Refused
GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 525
ECs (CV): Around 2 years research (no pubs), exec of ~3 groups, volunteering with marginalized populations (2 positions), many academic awards, TA for over a year, volunteer tutor & coordinator, random summer jobs, elected student government
Year: last year UG

Feelings about Casper: I felt ok after but according to Manitoba I was in the bottom quintile

Applicant category: OOP

Mostly excited to yeet myself out of my physics class, good luck everyone

1 minute ago, Med201920 said:

I applied on the 29th of october (48 hours before deadline). and it still says Ready for Review (Name starts with "B")

Ok thanks! Also where is the time stamp? I don't see it anywhere, is it because my account hasn't been updated? My last name starts with "N", first name is "A".  

1 minute ago, jass2010 said:

Ok thanks! Also where is the time stamp? I don't see it anywhere, is it because my account hasn't been updated? My last name starts with "N", first name is "A".  

there is no time stamp for your application, I just took the date of the last document uploaded (excluding Casper results as those arrived after the deadline).

TIME STAMP: 10:55ish
Result: Further Review Required
ECs (CV): a handful of relatively unusual and long-term pursuits
Year: Finished second undergraduate December 2020

Feelings about Casper: Wrote as much as I could for every question and didn't follow any sort of formula. Tried to give my stream-of-consciousness impressions, and felt okay about it except for a couple prompts where I was worried I completely screwed up.

Applicant category: QC university

TIME STAMP: Checked in Minerva 7:18 AM Alaska ST...
Result: Regrets
MCAT: 519 (was required in my case)
ECs (CV): Nothing too crazy, but decent. Some community involvement, leadership, volunteer, shadowing, fun hobbies, research, grants & awards, and long term commitment w dogmushing.
Year: Finishing undergrad currently.

Feelings about Casper: I totally bombed it. It's my worst CASPer to date (I took 3 this year - US, Anglo Canada and French Canada.)

Applicant category: Considered IP. QC applicant, but US University

Not surprised, I fully expect a rejection from all the schools that have my english Can CASPer. Lol

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE