Premed 101 Forums

McGill Interview Invites/Regrets 2021 | Invitations aux entrevues 2021

Médicomage

4 minutes ago, PirouetteCacahuete said:

TIME STAMP: Checked in Minerva 7:18 AM Alaska ST...
Result: Regrets
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 519 (was required in my case)
ECs (CV): Nothing too crazy, but decent. Some community involvement, leadership, volunteer, shadowing, fun hobbies, research, grants & awards, and long term commitment w dogmushing.
Year: Finishing undergrad currently.

Feelings about Casper: I totally bombed it. It's my worst CASPer to date (I took 3 this year - US, Anglo Canada and French Canada.)

Applicant category: QC applicant, US University

Not surprised, I fully expect a rejection from all the schools that have my english Can CASPer. Lol

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE

OOOOOF, u have great stats!!!!! were u IP or OOP or I guess international right?

TIME STAMP: Checked in Minerva 11:28 AM 
GPA: 3.8
MCAT:N/A
ECs (CV): Felt pretty good. Some research, awards, work, and sports activities 
Year: 4th year of undergrad

Feelings about Casper: Thought  it went okay but i am not so sure now.

Applicant category: QC applicant, Ontario University

Last year i had an interview at uottawa, im hoping for at least an interview this year as well.

Do you guys know when Laval, UdeM and Sherbrooke answers are coming out?

Just now, newtothis said:

Last year i had an interview at uottawa, im hoping for at least an interview this year as well.

The french schools send out interview invitations toward the end of March iirc.

Just now, newtothis said:

Laaaaaate usually. Like end of March for an April interview.

7 minutes ago, PirouetteCacahuete said:

TIME STAMP: Checked in Minerva 7:18 AM Alaska ST...
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 519 (was required in my case)
ECs (CV): Nothing too crazy, but decent. Some community involvement, leadership, volunteer, shadowing, fun hobbies, research, grants & awards, and long term commitment w dogmushing.
Year: Finishing undergrad currently.

Feelings about Casper: I totally bombed it. It's my worst CASPer to date (I took 3 this year - US, Anglo Canada and French Canada.)

Applicant category: QC applicant, US University

Not surprised, I fully expect a rejection from all the schools that have my english Can CASPer. Lol

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE

You have a good profile tho... But i get it; the CASPer can ruin everything. I hope you're okay! If you don't mind me asking, what was your undergrad? 

1 minute ago, jass2010 said:

You have a good profile tho... But i get it; the CASPer can ruin everything. I hope you're okay! If you don't mind me asking, what was your undergrad? 

Just finishing up in Biomedical Sciences.

Yeah I'm fine. I got an interview invite at NOSM yesterday - guess what... they don't ask for CASPer. I still have hope for Calgary and maybe the French schools, and Ottawa got my french CASPer as well. I also have some US interviews both MD and DO. Thanks for checking =) 

I'm truly just happy for the people who've gotten their invite!

Just now, PirouetteCacahuete said:

Just finishing up in Biomedical Sciences.

Yeah I'm fine. I got an interview invite at NOSM yesterday - guess what... they don't ask for CASPer. I still have hope for Calgary and maybe the French schools, and Ottawa got my french CASPer as well. I also have some US interviews both MD and DO. Thanks for checking =) 

I'm truly just happy for the people who've gotten their invite!

That's really great!!! Happy for you :)! Im also waiting on French schools; sherbrook and laval. My minerva account still says ready for review :( (im IP) 

TIME STAMP: Checked in Minerva 11:40AM
Result: Reviewed - Decision Pending (Waitlisted for Interview)
GPA: 3.99
ECs (CV): boxing ,music and coaching. (pretty bad overall since no volunteering or research). 

Feelings about Casper: Didn't answer like 1/4 of the boxes, feel like I completely bombed it.

Applicant category: QC applicant

Honestly, I'm very happy that I was waitlisted as opposed to refused given my CA$Per and EC's.

TIME STAMP: I checked at 9AM and the status hadn't changed, just checked now at 11:30AM
Result: Refused
GPA: 3.89 at the time of application but without winter semester 3.85 and now it's 3.9
MCAT: never done it, maybe I'll do it this summer and apply out of province but I'm not sure what are the odds of me getting anything in universities that are not in Quebec given my GPA ...
ECs (CV): Definitely not outstanding. Typical volunteering in hospital, shadowing, sports, travel, summer jobs but none relevant to medicine, some research but no publications as of yet.
Year: U3 finishing my second bachelor's degree. I applied on the basis of my second degree, I am graduating in May. 

Feelings about Casper: I honestly thought it went well but maybe not lol but whatever I guess, until next year or hopefully the french unis will give me an interview 
also last time McGill gave rankings for casper I ranked 273 out of 819 (2019 admissions) so I was confident about casper but who knows some years may be better than others

Applicant category: IP

Congrats to everyone who got an interview and good luck :)

TIME STAMP: checked at 10h30

GPA: 3.87
ECs (CV): pretty well balanced CV ( research, volunteering, awards). 
Year: Master's

Feelings about Casper: went just like every year

Applicant category: IP

This is my fourth time applying. I got an invite every year and my rankings pre interview are usually in the top 50. Last year, I was 20th on the Outaouais waitlist but it stopped at the 19th candidat. I don't know what to make of this. I just think I'm cursed at this point. Please don't let my story discourage you. There is still hope as long as you keep trying, but I think that's it for me. I'm drained...

Edited with time stamp

TIME STAMP: 12:34
Result:  Regrets
GPA: 3.74
ECs (CV): not impressive; 2 years hospital volunteering, 2 academic research experiences, family caregiving, clubs membership, shadowing in a local clinic, some community involvement through my hobbies, professional research experience abroad between my degrees.
Year: Finished my second undergrad at McGill December 2020

Feelings about Casper: no idea. i missed one answer but i feel like it was ok ... or maybe not 

Applicant category: QC university 

TIME STAMP: Around 1:20PM (GMT)
Result: Invite
GPA: 3.93
ECs (CV): Fourth time applying. Got 3 interviews in the past. Refused first two times and waitlisted for the third application. Research jobs at the hospital, involved in research but not a lot of publications, adequate amount of volunteering
Year: Finishing MSc this semester at McGill

Feelings about Casper: This year I felt like the Casper was exceptionally hard. The situations were tough and weird. I didn't think I did well. I also never finished my answers.

Applicant category: QC university

TIME STAMP: Checked at 1:00pm but checked at 11:30 and nothing then
Result: Invite!!
GPA:3.95
ECs (CV):very basic. I didn’t have volunteering or anything special. The only thing I thought was good was my work history which I’ve had since high school. Not impressive jobs, i worked customer service and retail. I had one NSERC USRA and I got a second author pub from it but other than that my cv was pretty much just work. Hope that helps comfort people that only worked during uni cause it made me panic that I didn’t have all those great ECs other people had. 
Year: Completed undergrad, first year of professional program

Feelings about Casper:  I thought it went well. I’m a slow typer ( literally type with my index fingers) but I thought it was way better than I did last year. I knew it was what held me back last year so 2 weeks before my test I spent all day practice typing and doing practice tests. Mostly just eventually I got tired and did like 3-4 example scenarios a day but it helped me with pacing. I got up to like 35 wpm so have some faith slow typers haha. Best tip is to read over your answers or atleast someone else’s to a scenario because you learn to quickly recognise what’s a good response and a bad one.

Applicant category: QC university. 

One last comment, I was fully prepared to give up if I didn’t get an interview this cycle cause nearly everyone I know in med school now has a doctor parent or could have years of research, pubs and volunteering so I’m really glad I got it. Just want to say you clearly don’t need the sterotypical premed ECs 

Time stamp: 1:20

Result: invite

GPA: 3.85

ECs: I have been a nurse for almost 10 years, volunteering, one first author publication in JNS, leadership award and job position, ...

year: 2 bachelor nursing and OT 

Feeling about casper: always hard to say but ok i guess

Applicant category: Qc university and RSPP 

I don’t know if I was invited for both category or just RSPP i guess i’ll know tonight !