Premed 101 Forums

McGill Interview Invites/Regrets 2021 | Invitations aux entrevues 2021

Médicomage

2 minutes ago, coco chanel said:

@Mikasa je suis dans la même situation, pourtant mon statut sur minerva n’a pas changé (ça dit que la décision est en attente). Le tien a t il changé?

Mes deux statuts ont changé pour  «Further Review Required» et j'ai la même date d'entrevue inscrit, même heure pour les deux programmes (18 fevrier) 

18 hours ago, Great_Wumbo said:

Does the waitlist for interview typically move much? Can't tell if a decision pending is basically just a refusal seeing as I don't see why everyone wouldn't attend their interviews (seeing as they are virtual this app cycle). 

Unfortunately it's impossible to predict since you don't know your ranking :\ you might have a better idea by Wednesday morning (Jan 27) since Tues is the deadline to accept an offer.

Anything can happen though, a spot can open up the day before interviews start - so don't lose hope, and continuously check your Minerva!

posting a bit late but better late than never? hope this helps future applicants! 

TIME STAMP: ~11:45am (checked Minerva)
Result: Invite (Further Review Required)
GPA: 3.9
ECs (CV): RD work (couple months), lab tech (3 yrs), TA, 2 pubs (1st author), some but not a lot of volunteering, UG and Master's awards/scholarships (CIHR, FRQS, USRA), soccer (non-competitive). 
Year: MSc 

Feelings about Casper: Always hard to say.. Not the worst, but not amazing. I'm a fast typer and did good amount of practice, however I found the questions were more difficult than previous years.. 

Applicant category: IP

First McGill interview and 3rd time applying... still processing the feeling. I feel for those who didn't get one this year - don't give up! 

• The M³I consists of a circuit of between 6 to 10 stations, which can be in any of the following formats: (a) discussion-based (with evaluator present) (b) task-oriented (with or without evaluator present) or (c) controlled scenarios or simulations (with evaluator observing from outside the room). 

Does this mean there isn't personal questions?

11 hours ago, smalltowncelery said:
  • The M³I consists of a circuit of between 6 to 10 stations, which can be in any of the following formats: (a) discussion-based (with evaluator present) (b) task-oriented (with or without evaluator present) or (c) controlled scenarios or simulations (with evaluator observing from outside the room). 

Does this mean there isn't personal questions?

I think a) discussion-based imply personal question 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, analog101 said:

Hi, just wondering if everyone has already received their Zoom link for the interviews, as I haven't yet and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

I received mine! You can write to them, I'm pretty sure they're gonna reply fast. Must be an error!