Premed 101 Forums

Western interview invites/regrets 2021

4 minutes ago, ImReadyNextCycle said:

Thanks! I just double-checked and emailed them. It's wierd because one of my verifier was contacted last year so I was sure I met the cut-off.

I'm wondering if it's still an R but they put the wrong reason in the email? Giving the speed they sending out invites this year maybe they have some tech issues as well?

I really hope not. It seems like someone else already got a "regular" rejection letter in this thread so fingers crossed! I do wonder what the process is though if they did make a mistake. Do they just read our essays now and decide?

Time Stamp: 3:14

Invite/reject: Invite

IP/OOP: IP

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.83

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PSYCH): 130/127/130/131

Essays (X/8):  8/8, plus About Me

My second interview invite ever after 5 years of applying, first invite at Western. Written the MCAT twice. 27 now, have worked in research for 3 years and have a Master's degree. I still can't believe this, was starting to believe getting an interview at an Ontario school was a pipe dream. 

12 minutes ago, Apex said:

I really hope not. It seems like someone else already got a "regular" rejection letter in this thread so fingers crossed! I do wonder what the process is though if they did make a mistake. Do they just read our essays now and decide?

Wondering the same thing. How would them make that call and would those essays be rated in the same criteria as before? It's frustrating that I spent all so much time and editing on the essays and they didn't even read it because of a mistake. Hope we can hear back from them soon!

Time Stamp: 4:31 pm

Invite/reject: reject

IP/OOP: IP

SWOMEN (Y/N): Y :(

2YGPA: 3.89

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PSYCH): 127/127/128/xx

Essays (X/8):  8/8  - spent a month on them and had them edited by multiple med students

This reject really stings cause I spent so much time on the essays and have SWOMEN status. Oh well onto the next! :)

1 hour ago, goodVibesOnly said:

Anyone hear MD/PhD?

Just got an MD/PhD interview invite at 4:59 after my MD invite was sent at 1:58!!! Didn’t realize that the first email was different from those just applying MD. It had a section about when MD/PhD interviews were and my MD interview time had already been scheduled (so I didn’t have the links to sign up for a time myself).

These are getting exhausting (and kind of embarrassing) to do but if it helps a future applicant then I'm all for it

Time Stamp:  4:35 EST

Invite/reject: Regrets

SWOMEN (Y/N):  N (Applied through ACCESS)

2YGPA: 3.88

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PSYCH): 128/131/129/130

Essays (X/8):  8/8 + About You

2 hours ago, Voldy said:

Time Stamp: 3:10

Invite/reject: Invite

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.99

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PSYCH): 129/130/130/132

Essays (X/8):  8/8

Side note: anyone else having issues with the accessing/activating your western student centre? it's saying my OMSAS number is wrong but its only giving be enough space to put in the number after the 2021. Please let me know, thanks!

Hi Voldy, 

First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE INTERVIEW!!!! :D

I have been able to set up up Western student ID. Make sure to only write the six-digit OMSAS number, removing the 2021 before it. When you get to the part asking for your Western number ID, make sure to enter the nine-digit Western student number included in your invitation email, not the Western user ID they give you; it took me a moment to figure that out, lol.

If all else fails, email them. I hope that helps you and other folks!

Sending you loads of positive vibes! Good luck with the interview, you got this! 

Cheers, 

Philo