Premed 101 Forums

Western interview invites/regrets 2021

1 hour ago, M3P0 said:

You've got his syntax down, but it's time you learn Yoda's best lesson: Do or do not. There is no try.

You *really* should try to have all 8 filled out IMO. Even if one is weak. They do not simply take an average of the essays you write (otherwise 4 would be as good as 8). They also encourage this in the instructions IIRC. IMO you should get to work right now finding better experiences for Western's ABS. Even though your GPA is great, that actually doesn't matter for interview invites. It's just a cutoff pre-interview. It all depends on the essays.

I definitely should have, maybe could have given a small but better chance, who knows. Next time around I'll definitely have your comment ringing in my head to do everything I can when I apply. Since I'm graduating this year I am going focus on gaining more experience and keeping up with personal training + Hospice volunteering. Are you a current medical student or an applicant as well?

Also what are you inferring with your first sentence? I did not quite understand exactly what you may have intended.

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2021 at 4:16 PM, ImReadyNextCycle said:

Thanks! I just double-checked and emailed them. It's wierd because one of my verifier was contacted last year so I was sure I met the cut-off.

I'm wondering if it's still an R but they put the wrong reason in the email? Giving the speed they sending out invites this year maybe they have some tech issues as well?

On 1/28/2021 at 3:54 PM, Ohvalleyofplenty said:

Time Stamp: 1:14PM MST

Invite/reject: Invite!

IP/OOP: OOP

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.87

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO): 128/127/128

Essays (X/8): 8

Do you mind telling if you were born in Ontario? Because it looks like it’s really hard to get in as OOP

On 1/29/2021 at 3:24 PM, itski said:

Invite/reject: Invite! So grateful :wub:

IP/OOP: OOP

SWOMEN (Y/N):  N

2YGPA: 3.9-4.0 somewhere in between... I'm not very sure about the 4.0 scale lol

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO): slightly above cutoffs

Essays (X/8):  8/8. I actually didn't get anyone to edit but I felt I spoke genuinely about my experiences

Congratulations !!  Are you by any chance from Quebec?

• 9 months later...