Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Invites/Regrets 2021

The MMI is sooner than Queen’s typically holds interviews (from what I’ve seen in the limited research I’ve done). Most interviews were held in mid-late March in previous years, whereas this year its late Feb. With that being said, who knows when it’ll be, but I’m hoping sometime next week!

34 minutes ago, naptime98 said:

Does anyone know if Queens may invite more people to the MMI than usual given only a subset will be invited to the panel interview?

With the caveat that last year was a bit of a mess so it's possible this year will be different, last cycle they also only let a subset through from the MMI to the panel interviews, and I don't think the number of interviewees changed from prior years. So I think it's more of an organization/resource thing given that it's all online 

5 minutes ago, TheFlyGuy said:

With the caveat that last year was a bit of a mess so it's possible this year will be different, last cycle they also only let a subset through from the MMI to the panel interviews, and I don't think the number of interviewees changed from prior years. So I think it's more of an organization/resource thing given that it's all online 

Oh interesting. I wasn't aware of that, thanks. I've heard its about 500 for MMI, any idea how many progress to panel?

27 minutes ago, naptime98 said:

Oh interesting. I wasn't aware of that, thanks. I've heard its about 500 for MMI, any idea how many progress to panel?

The 500 number is about right, but as far as I know they never actually told us the split of exactly how many people made it through to the panel. But if I had to guess based off of what I heard and the people I know, it seemed like half or more did make it through, so I don't think it was a major culling point. 

2 minutes ago, acrylicblue said:

Has anyone who had an interview last year tried checking solus? Shot in the dark idk

I am a former Queen's student so I have Solus access and can see the status of my application. It just says "pending". This has been the case for several weeks so I don't think there have been any meaningful updates through Solus so far. Screenshot attached.

queen's screenshot.png

13 minutes ago, Eh-Canada said:

Anyone know what time of day they have sent out the emails in the past? Currently in a time zone very far ahead of Kingston's so it's going to be in the back of my mind all day :')

2 years ago was first thing in the morning (~9:00 am EST), I believe last year was early afternoon. It doesn't seem to be consistent year to year.