Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Invites/Regrets 2021

5 hours ago, PlayerBubb7360 said:

It's a cutoff? I thought they assessed this competitively from how they wrote it on their website? Or is there a minimum cutoff in addition to competitive assessment as well? 

I’m not sure if they also use it competitively (I would guess so, but not 100% sure), but they definitely do set an internal cutoff each cycle based on the applicant pool that’s used to reject people before the full file review process. They just don’t release what it is, and it changes from year to year with the applicant pool

I just want to wish everyone good luck!!! For those who get an interview, work your butt of to prepare!! For those who don't get to interview, continue to work your butt off to show the Canadian med school you are tough! For everyone, don't let  responses from medical schools define you sense of self-worth! I know it is difficult not to attach your worth to your dream career, especially when you feel like you work harder than 99% of the people that get in. Just know you matter and a big part of he process is luck

Good luck everyone :) 

13 minutes ago, poorpremed said:

I just want to wish everyone good luck!!! For those who get an interview, work your butt of to prepare!! For those who don't get to interview, continue to work your butt off to show the Canadian med school you are tough! For everyone, don't let  responses from medical schools define you sense of self-worth! I know it is difficult not to attach your worth to your dream career, especially when you feel like you work harder than 99% of the people that get in. Just know you matter and a big part of he process is luck

Needed to hear this so badly! 

1 hour ago, poorpremed said:

I think you should change your name to positivevibepremed or something like that! Thanks for the sweet note <3 :wub:

3 hours ago, poorpremed said:

I think we can always use some extra kindness in our lives. Thanks for showing us how it is done!

Result: INVITE I AM SHAKING!!!!

Time Stamp: 11:10

cGPA/wGPA: top 2 3.75 LOL 4.0 Msc

Year: Graduated 2017 and 2019 Masters

MCAT: 510 (127,127,128,128)

ECs: LOTS of research and volunteering 

CASPer: I guess good enough LOL...

This is my 787087 cycle and I cannot believe I am posting here. This is my FIRST ever Canadian interview. 

Result: INVITE

Time Stamp: 11:10

cGPA/wGPA: 3.43/3.71

Year: Graduated University 2020 (UG)

MCAT: 524 (129/131/132/132)

ECs: Decent (50th-75th for UBC)

CASPer: I felt like I did pretty well

OOP

Holy Crap! Just want to say that I had previously given up all hope for this cycle. I am fairly non-trad, this was my first cycle, R's from both UBC and Mac. I was already writing US applications. I

Invite/Rejection: invite!!!!

Time Stamp: 11:10 AM

cGPA: 3.98

Current year: 4th

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PSYCH): 130/129/130/132

ECs: volunteer/paid research (no actual publications though), 3 years of sports, cat fostering, hospital volunteer, international volunteering, lots of LGBT advocacy work, military, some national level sports and neuroscience competition, one international sport competition.

Casper and Snapshot: Casper felt okay, 2nd quintile for Manitoba OOP (60-80%), did snapshot

Did they ever say if it will be synchronous?

Result: Invite!!

Time Stamp: 11:10 AM

wGPA/cGPA: 3.76/3.70 (there is hope!)
Year: Working full-time/ Completed a law and Masters degree in 2019

MCAT: 127/131/128/130 (516)
ECs: Filled out all sections on ABS. Full-time work experience in family law. Lots of volunteer experience in law and health care. Club exec and other standard leadership. No publications. Several research assistant positions. 2 Poster presentations and a national medical conference presentation. Several diverse awards. 

Casper: I thought it went badly as I was cut off on almost every scenario and my typing speed is only 75wpm but it was good enough for Mac (despite a lower cGPA).