Premed 101 Forums

McGill PT QY GPA cutoff

Hi all,

Last year I applied to the QY for PT at McGill. In March, I received the news that I did not get through the pre-review. At the time, I had a cGPA of 3,74/4 on the McGill scale, which was from my 3,78/4,3 I had from my kinesiology degree at my University. I don't know how McGill uses the CASPer, but it seems as they use it as a cutoff? It shows that they refuses the files below -1 Z score (See pic). 

This year, I am applying with a cGPA of 3,77/4 from my 3,84/4,3 I have. I am wondering if I have any chances this year. I am really wondering if McGill refused me only because of my CASPer.

Could somebody that got admitted into the QY last year or previous years share their GPA? I am wondering what GPA they require.

Thanks

image.png

4 hours ago, Samuel Forest said:

Hi all,

Last year I applied to the QY for PT at McGill. In March, I received the news that I did not get through the pre-review. At the time, I had a cGPA of 3,74/4 on the McGill scale, which was from my 3,78/4,3 I had from my kinesiology degree at my University. I don't know how McGill uses the CASPer, but it seems as they use it as a cutoff? It shows that they refuses the files below -1 Z score (See pic). 

This year, I am applying with a cGPA of 3,77/4 from my 3,84/4,3 I have. I am wondering if I have any chances this year. I am really wondering if McGill refused me only because of my CASPer.

Could somebody that got admitted into the QY last year or previous years share their GPA? I am wondering what GPA they require.

Thanks

image.png

Hey! I applied last year too but didn't get in - there's supposed to be a reason for refusal in the letter of refusal!

Also, is your cGPA better this year due to courses taken outside your degree or are they still part of your degree? Just checking in case you didn't know that they only look at courses taken during your degree :( (It really bums me out cause McGill's one of my top schools and I'm really boosting my marks with a 5th year, but I've already graduated :()

I'm still debating reapplying too though so would also be interested in hearing accepted applicants' cGPAs!

Hi,

In my refusal letter they only stated Candidate not in top portion of files, as based on cGPA and CASPer score.

However, I'm just astonished that I wasn't in the top 100 files with a cGPA of 3,74 at the time.

My cGPA is better this year because of courses taken part of my degree, but I didn't know the information you provided me, thanks. I feel you, sometimes this can be frustrating.