Premed 101 Forums

Official Reports on COVID Grade Inflation?

Whilst those of us in undergrad (or otherwise involved in the undergrad scene, ex. Master's who are TAs) have heard these anecdotes about COVID causing a huge grade inflation, has anyone seen any actual reports of this concretely happening (in Canada)?

I've kind of just assumed and taken it as fact that it would be a thing for this (and future) application cycles, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I haven't received a course grade lower than an A (and that only happened once) in 2 years...would love if that is something that actually sets me apart from other applicants rather than just being par for the course.

Crazy to think that a 90 GPA may be below average acceptance...

As someone who usually gets As its been significantly harder and caused a lot more stress this past semester to maintain the same level of achievement. I also TA and have seen similar averages but these are for assignments that would have been similar in other years so take that with a grain of salt. Would be interesting to see any reports. I would think its easier this year to get the 70s/80s range and harder to get 90s or really low.