Premed 101 Forums

If there is anyone who has received admission to Schulich via conditional acceptance (Only 1 year undergraduate meets minimums), please let me know. I received an interview for conditional acceptance (first 2 years didnt meet cut offs due to serious health issues, best year is 3.95, mcat is 127/128/128/129, filled out all 8 essay questions as well as the personal 'about you' section). 

Nobody seems to know about the post-interview formula. However, I am wondering how much of a disadvantage I am at compared to applicants with 2 good years. I truly do believe my essays and personal experiences are the reason I got an interview, and fingers crossed I can do well at the interview by being genuine and authentic like I was in my essays. However, I am wondering if even a stellar interview can compensate for a subpar GPA and MCAT(I have seen on certain forums that they will just use 3.7 as a placeholder in GPA calculations post-interview, which will place me at about a 3.83) 

I'm trying not to go into this interview defeated and telling myself that western wouldn't offer me this interview if they didn't think I had a chance. Just some reassurance from those who did get in via conditional offer would be nice and (if you are comfortable) some information on your stats as well. 

Thanks so much guys. 

Not myself, but I know someone personally who did receive an offer with 1 year conditional acceptance, its definitely possible. Their stats were also on the lower end, so you can definitely make up for them in your interview. Try not to stress too much about how you compare to others stats wise, they're out of your control now. Just focus on the interview and put your best self forward. Everyone who interviews has a chance at getting accepted, so stay positive and try not to stress too much. Best of luck!

26 minutes ago, Trunkate said:

Not myself, but I know someone personally who did receive an offer with 1 year conditional acceptance, its definitely possible. Their stats were also on the lower end, so you can definitely make up for them in your interview. Try not to stress too much about how you compare to others stats wise, they're out of your control now. Just focus on the interview and put your best self forward. Everyone who interviews has a chance at getting accepted, so stay positive and try not to stress too much. Best of luck!

Thank you so much! This is so encouraging.

16 minutes ago, gliostudies said:

Admissions directly told me they do not use a placeholder for the second year. They treat your 1 year gpa as equivalent to someone’s 2y GPA. 

This seems almost too good to be true haha. Thanks so much for letting me know! 

• 1 month later...

This is quite late, but I was accepted with a 1 year conditional offer! It's been a while and I don't remember my stats (probably could find them if dove deep in my past comments, but too busy preparing for CaRMS to do that rn lol). Definitely possible! Good luck! I may "see" some of you tomorrow if you have an interview!