Premed 101 Forums

UAlberta DDS 2021 Interviews

On 2/24/2021 at 8:49 PM, SoulCrushingSadness said:

It was definitely high I'd say. I was competitive based on last years stats and no interview sadly.

Keep your head up! I’m sure the applicant pool was much larger and more competitive this year given that they did not consider mdt. It’s unfortunate to those like you that stood a fighting chance had you applied with those stats last year, but all you can do is keep working hard and you’ll get that opportunity soon :)

I thought the questions were relatively simple, overall I think it went well but it's impossible to know for sure. The online format was frustrating as some questions I didn't have a chance to think about the question for two minutes. Just got thrown in and had to answer immediately. Hopefully this is taken into consideration when scoring our responses. 

On 3/6/2021 at 9:10 PM, bekind said:

Good luck guys!! :wub:

Just wondering if anyone knows when they usually send out decisions? :wacko:

Expect early admin decisions around late May for just a couple of spots. The rest of the spots and waitlist are released throughout June and July with people deciding on accepting and declining their offers and what not. 

On 3/9/2021 at 12:35 AM, Take_Your_Time said:

Expect early admin decisions around late May for just a couple of spots. The rest of the spots and waitlist are released throughout June and July with people deciding on accepting and declining their offers and what not. 

Do you know how many OOP are accepted each year? On their website, it shows only 1 spot but people have been saying 3-5 so I'm not sure.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:00 AM, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

Do you know how many OOP are accepted each year? On their website, it shows only 1 spot but people have been saying 3-5 so I'm not sure.

Not entirely sure on the number. There's 2 in my year but I've got no idea about the others. I always thought it was about 1-2 OOP per year 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...