Premed 101 Forums

is this ok to do in personal letters?

Might not be a good idea, internal politics is muddy waters, unless it's the PD of course! 

You could try to indirectly do that by listing a few of your aspirational research topics, which "just happens" to include that particular area of work, then voila, what wonderful happy "coincidence" you could talk about at interview. If unsure, could also hint at area of PD's research, add some sugar in case their mouth gets sour reading you are interested in someone else's research.

15 minutes ago, shikimate said:

Might not be a good idea, internal politics is muddy waters, unless it's the PD of course! 

You could try to indirectly do that by listing a few of your aspirational research topics, which "just happens" to include that particular area of work, then voila, what wonderful happy "coincidence" you could talk about at interview. If unsure, could also hint at area of PD's research, add some sugar in case their mouth gets sour reading you are interested in someone else's research.

are people really that petty??? thanks for the heads up lol.

i'm applying to peds so i hope no one is like this lol 

On 2/6/2021 at 3:26 AM, AAAmeds said:

I was also going to name an internist that I enjoyed working with as one reason for preferring to stay in home school for residency in my IM letter. So is this a big no no?

Might be too late now, but what if said internist was leaving at the end of this year? would that change whether or not you'd still apply to that program? Something to think about!