Premed 101 Forums

Timeline for acceptances/rejections?

1 minute ago, PickMePickMe said:

I have had a headache for three days just thinking about today.... It better be today. I don't think I can handle two more weeks of this!

Letter usually come out in the morning right?

Tell me about it, I may need to be sedated if it's two more weeks! 

It seems for the most part they come in the morning, with the exception of a couple years!

Copying this from a thread in r/premedcanada:

2020: Wednesday April 15th (impacted by Covid-19)

2019: Thursday March 14th about 2 pm

2018: Monday March 5th about 10:15 am

2017:  Tuesday March 14th about 10:50 am

2016: Wednesday March 16th about 9 am

2015: Tuesday March 17th about 11 am

2014: Tuesday March 11th about 12:15 pm

2013: Thursday March 7th about 11 am

2012: Monday March 5th about 12:30 pm

2011: Monday March 7th about 10:15 am

2010: Monday March 15th about 9:45 am

2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Copying this from a thread in r/premedcanada:

2020: Wednesday April 15th (impacted by Covid-19)

2019: Thursday March 14th about 2 pm

2018: Monday March 5th about 10:15 am

2017:  Tuesday March 14th about 10:50 am

2016: Wednesday March 16th about 9 am

2015: Tuesday March 17th about 11 am

2014: Tuesday March 11th about 12:15 pm

2013: Thursday March 7th about 11 am

2012: Monday March 5th about 12:30 pm

2011: Monday March 7th about 10:15 am

2010: Monday March 15th about 9:45 am

Are these ADT times?

hi guys! current dal med here... just wanted to say, i'm feeling for you all today. (my sister is currently waiting to hear). the wait is brutal. i remember clearly that sinking feeling you get whenever you get a new email and I got in a few years ago...

all that to say, enjoy the moment when you finally get that acceptance. if you're anything like me, that will go down as one of the best moments of your life. take care of yourselves today. can't wait to welcome you all into the dal med fam. 

2 minutes ago, currentdalmed said:

hi guys! current dal med here... just wanted to say, i'm feeling for you all today. (my sister is currently waiting to hear). the wait is brutal. i remember clearly that sinking feeling you get whenever you get a new email and I got in a few years ago...

all that to say, enjoy the moment when you finally get that acceptance. if you're anything like me, that will go down as one of the best moments of your life. take care of yourselves today. can't wait to welcome you all into the dal med fam. 

Thanks for the positivity and support, good luck to your sister!! 

2 minutes ago, FutureMD7 said:

I'm not sure why anyone would think calling/emailing would have any impact or that suddenly today they would reveal information they've been withholding all this time 

If I am not mistaken, I think it was around this time last year where applicants got an update that they should be expecting a response in April as opposed to March, was wondering if something similar may be happening this year. Hopefully we get an update soon, but just have to be patient until then! 

3 minutes ago, FutureMD7 said:

I'm not sure why anyone would think calling/emailing would have any impact or that suddenly today they would reveal information they've been withholding all this time 

Everybody is tense waiting for the results. I don't blame people for wanting to exhaust any resource to get some hint at a date or time. Though I do agree that it is an exercise in futility at this point.