Premed 101 Forums

Timeline for acceptances/rejections?

4 minutes ago, Lime224 said:

If I am not mistaken, I think it was around this time last year where applicants got an update that they should be expecting a response in April as opposed to March, was wondering if something similar may be happening this year. Hopefully we get an update soon, but just have to be patient until then! 

i have no inside info, but I don't think that'll be the case. i assisted with reviewing the interviews this year and it seemed that everything was on track for the usual timeline. it's in everyones best interest (including the school) to get this done with as soon as possible. fingers crossed it happens soon - if it happens today, it would be the latest in the day the acceptances were ever sent out and i don't think they've ever come out on a friday before... but maybe this year will be an exception!

7 minutes ago, currentdalmed said:

i don't think they've ever come out on a friday before... but maybe this year will be an exception!

not to mention we might be getting a dump of snow tomorrow! I wouldn't be surprised if the school closes.

6 minutes ago, WaitingTooLong said:

does anyone know why Dal releases offers earlier than other English schools? I was under the impression that most schools coordinate offer release date to mid May. 

Because they interview earlier and they can do it. MUN and McGill also releases offers earlier than other English schools.

21 minutes ago, PickMePickMe said:

So I know its not likely that today will be the day but every time my email dings I feel like I am going to pass out!

I mean everybody last year gave up hope past 12 pm because they never came that late and they ended up coming out at 2 pm so I mean you never know...... Both years have been anomalies

I'm ready for the firing squad. But real talk I was just passing on what I was told from the person who confirmed the date for me last year. Sorry for the panic/nerves/anxiety. I felt that if a date was thrown out others would want to know! Looking like next week, fingers crossed it's early :D

Now go enjoy your weekends people, you deserve it. Whether it's today, Monday, or two weeks from now, nothing will change what's in that letter, you did what you could, take some time for yourself :)

7 minutes ago, IMGclerkship said:

Last year was different because the admission office was still adjusting to working from  home and setting up things. This year, there is no excuse >.< 

let's make it fun and start betting! I bet it will be out on March 23 ( I feel it in my soul lol)

Maybe the Thursday rumour was for next week, so I'll say March 25th! I hope it's sooner though :(

8 minutes ago, IMGclerkship said:

Last year was different because the admission office was still adjusting to working from  home and setting up things. This year, there is no excuse >.< 

let's make it fun and start betting! I bet it will be out on March 23 ( I feel it in my soul lol)

I vote the 22nd- nice even number :lol: