Premed 101 Forums

2020-2021 Interview/Regrets

3 hours ago, WizardPalace said:

In preparation for interview invites that should be out fairly soon.

time Stamp:
Result: 

GPA: 
MCAT: 
Current/Past Degree: 
Geography (IP/OOP):  
Extracurricular Activities score /16 (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): 
CASPer: 

Do they send out activity score to everyone?

time Stamp: 1:04 pm
Result: Invite

GPA: 3.505
MCAT: 512 
Current/Past Degree: Honours BSc Anthropology (2021 grad)
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP
Extracurricular Activities score /16 (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): 1 pub, 1 conference, sorority exec, indigenous children focused volunteering, hospital volunteering, researching Indigenous health outcomes
CASPer: I am not sure? But I felt like it was mediocre

Ugh :/

time Stamp: 1:04 pm MST
Result:  Big R

GPA: 4.00 wGPA
MCAT: 510 (127/128/129/126)
Current/Past Degree: Graduating Spring 2021 B.Sc
Extracurricular Activities score /16 (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Not sure about the score but nothing crazy. Lots of volunteering (hospital, summer camps, science center and through a leadership program at my school). One summer job in 2019. No research but did get an essay published in my uni's journal. Did one research class last semester so couldn;t be added to application. Long-term music hobbies. Tons of academic scholarships too.
CASPer: Not good enough for McMaster

First time applicant here so I kinda expected it from every other school but a little heartbroken cause I'm IP for AB.

Good luck to all those who got an invite!

(Also, does anyone know if U of A does Interview waitlists?)

2 minutes ago, WizardPalace said:

Just out of curiosity what did the email say to people in their rejection? Mine was worded strangely...  

My guess is that everyone gets that vague statement?

"It is with great regret that we must inform you that you have not been selected to interview with the MD Program for a position in the entering class of Fall 2021. Should an interview position open up you may be contacted at that time. Otherwise, your file will be closed and a letter will be provided at a later date."

time Stamp: 3:04 PM EST
Result: Rejected (it sounds like I'm on a waitlist?)
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 526
Current/Past Degree: 3rd UG
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities score /16 (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): filled out all 16; volunteering heavy, some clubs, awards, some research; will update with score
CASPer: good enough for Manitoba, Mac, Ottawa, etc

time Stamp: 3:04 PM EST
Result: Rejected 
GPA: 4.0 (according to UofA, anyway)
MCAT: 524 (131 cars)
Current/Past Degree: 4th year UG
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities score /16 (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Filled out all 16. 50-75th for UBC. Will update once I get my score, if I remember. 
CASPer: 0 - 20th percentile for Manitoba OOP

time Stamp: 1:04 PM
Result: Regrets

GPA: 3.92
MCAT: 523 (130/132/130/131)
Current/Past Degree: BSc in Civil Engineering (2013)
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP
Extracurricular Activities score /16 (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): 7 years working as an engineer, some volunteering mostly in under served community programs, no research
CASPer: Unsure, felt OK at the time

2 minutes ago, barromac said:

My guess is that everyone gets that vague statement?

"It is with great regret that we must inform you that you have not been selected to interview with the MD Program for a position in the entering class of Fall 2021. Should an interview position open up you may be contacted at that time. Otherwise, your file will be closed and a letter will be provided at a later date."

I got that too. Last year I got an email specifically saying rejected so I am not sure if this a waitlist or?

time Stamp:
Result: 
regrets
GPA: 3.92
MCAT: 518
Current/Past Degree: current PhD
Extracurricular Activities score /16 (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): last year got 8/17 which was slightly above average vs accepted
CASPer: 

Really upset since I have interviewed the last two years, but good luck to everyone else 

Just now, CanNonTrad said:

The interview response form asks for our "Application ID". In launchpad I have a "student ID" and a "reference number". Anyone know which one we're supposed to use?

I'm about to enter my student ID. They have your birthday, name, and email, so I'm sure they can figure out who you are if the system doesn't correct it.