Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie OT/PT Out of Province Applicants

Hey all,

I'm from Ontario and applying to PT to Dal, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the chances are for an OOP student? I have a 4.02/4.3, and it says the average person admitted has 3.81/4.3. But I would think those applying from OOP would be more competitive? Does anyone know how many seats can be offered to OOP? I've heard 5 but I've also heard 19 LOL. Thanks!

On 2/8/2021 at 11:17 AM, PTbm said:

Hey all,

I'm from Ontario and applying to PT to Dal, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the chances are for an OOP student? I have a 4.02/4.3, and it says the average person admitted has 3.81/4.3. But I would think those applying from OOP would be more competitive? Does anyone know how many seats can be offered to OOP? I've heard 5 but I've also heard 19 LOL. Thanks!

Was gonna apply from Ontario too but couldn't get enough volunteer hours in time! :( But this is what I had found on their site! So there's 19 discretionary seats and normally 5 max go to OOP :) 

image.png.334aec25cc12d7d152531063816ca5a4.pngimage.png.7c28fac691aff0cb10eef1300f543f35.png