Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

• MedHopeful93 changed the title to CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS
17 minutes ago, CaRMS2021 said:

Wait between submission and interviews vs Wait between interviews and Match Date which would be worse

I would say submission and interviews. If I get an interview at least I have one foot in the door and I can do my best on interview date. I haven't slept properly since Monday. Every email alert I gets me excited

22 hours ago, cookie_m said:

I would say submission and interviews. If I get an interview at least I have one foot in the door and I can do my best on interview date. I haven't slept properly since Monday. Every email alert I gets me excited

I've become a bit neurotic lol. I check the interview tracker multiple times a day in case I missed something

1 minute ago, bellejolie said:

could someone explain the joint ontario IMG interview thing that just came out? it's for all ontario schools? i didn't realize there was an agreement. 

Yea I was wondering this as well. Strange they would do it on Family Day (Stat Holiday in Ontario, Hospital Holiday, and CaRMS is taking the day off too) Happy for the IMGs tho lol

On 2/11/2021 at 4:59 PM, MedHopeful93 said:

Hello all!

I thought I'd start a thread for interview discussions that is separate from the interview tracker.

I'm a bit surprised that some people are hearing from programs about interviews so soon! 

Right?? I was also surprised hearing so early. Probably a program that interviews everyone and I was offered a slot on their last day, so they were probs like “ayyyy we have room for this trash bring em in!”  Still no changes on my CaRMS interview offer status though.

.. yes, yes I use self deprecating humour to cope

Does anyone know if most programs send their interview offers out all in one go and how long it takes for them to update your interview status on carms after offers are sent? E.g. if I see a program on the interview tracker list that has sent out invites but I haven't heard anything from them, does this mean I have not gotten an interview, and how long can I expect to wait for confirmation of this on carms?