Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

Just now, CaRMS2021 said:

What is so special about noon? Programs post on CaRMS whenever they want to. I've never really gotten anything right at noon (0/2). 

i know - but since carms loves noon, and the program said it would be updated through carms first it was just a thought. also halfway point in the day. not a big deal lol just a marker of passing from AM to PM...

12 minutes ago, bellejolie said:

i know - but since carms loves noon, and the program said it would be updated through carms first it was just a thought. also halfway point in the day. not a big deal lol just a marker of passing from AM to PM...

It’s a bit funny to me because noon for CaRMS is not actually noon for most of the country. Everything is due at 9am here :P

2 minutes ago, Raptors23 said:

Sorry if this question has been asked already - Do all the interview e-mails for a program go out at the same time or can you expect it at different times on that day?

Depends on the program. Those sending out hundreds of invites are much more likely to go out over long periods of time (depending on what service that program is using to send them, how batched, etc.). Whereas for a small program, possible to all be in one go. Both have occurred. 

1 minute ago, Raptors23 said:

Sorry if this question has been asked already - Do all the interview e-mails for a program go out at the same time or can you expect it at different times on that day?

It truly depends on the program. We have seen cases where UBC Fam Med has slowly rolled out invites over a period of 24 hours and others which send out everything at once (rejects, waitlist and acceptances). If you do not get any news and it's a day since people have heard back, I strongly suggest that you contact the program administrator and find out because it could be that they forgot to either reject you or accept you. I was unfortunately forgotten and then rejected 10 minutes after I sent my email. Best of luck! 

2 minutes ago, Raptors23 said:

Sorry I'm new on here and don't know how to reply to belljolie!! Haven't heard anything from toronto but praying IMG invites are still being sent out :(! Best of luck everyone, I can't wait to not feel anxious 24/7 :unsure:

I think they've divided up IMG invites even for smaller programs, so if you haven't heard back yet, keep staying hopeful!

On 2/23/2021 at 6:51 AM, Let it be MATCHical said:

Lol no I can’t say that’s happening to me. Although on CaRMS I see a lovely red ‘x’ next to a school I had received an invitation email from... so I don’t know what that’s about. Doing wonders for my anxiety I tell yah!

On 2/23/2021 at 7:30 AM, aray623 said:

I was reading last years thread and it seems that some PDs accidentally hit reject when they meant to day accept on CaRMS after sending an email invite. Based on the thread, the two people who were in your situation ended up actually having interviews. One resolved on it's own, the other emailed the school and the school realized their mistake and confirmed they had an interview 

This is just happen to me with A western FM program (i.e. a program in western Canada). I sent them an email and waiting to hear back. @Let it be MATCHical

16 minutes ago, Let it be MATCHical said:

Definitely wait for them to reply. They told me it was a mistake and fixed it! But it gave me a heart attack when I saw it! 

Awesome, they fixed it. For everyone else, it seems like sometimes there is discrepancy between the email that programs send directly and then the CaRMS status update. In both  mine and @Let it be MATCHical's case, we got emails saying we had an interview and then our interview status said rejected. Then in both of our cases, after an email, we ended up with an interview. Someone had posted that this sometimes happens as the PD's accidentally click reject on CaRMS. Perhaps the direct email is the best indications although I can see possibility for mistakes from both ends