Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

6 hours ago, stefan said:

Confused re time zones...I'm probably missing something obvious. 

In the scheduler they say the interview time is in Atlantic Daylight Time.   I'm in EST zone right now. So ADT is 2 hours ahead of my time. Though I am confused as my google search shows that ADT doesn't start until March 14th 2021. So during the interview period (which is before March 14th) aren't they in Atlantic Standard Time (AST), which is only 1 hour ahead of EST. 

So 1 hour or 2 hours?? Which is correct? 

On March 14th, EST zone provinces (Ontario and Quebec) will be moving to EDT, at the same time as the Maritime provinces (all provinces except Newfoundland) will be moving from AST to ADT, so the difference between the EDT and ADT time zone will remain 1 hour. 

As I looked into this, it seems like all provinces in Canada except Saskatchewan and 3 territories use daylight saving time and switch to it on March 14 this year. So for example if you're in Ontario/Quebec, you always have +1 hour difference with Dalhousie, +1.5 hour difference with Memorial, -1 hour difference with Manitoba, -2 hour difference with Calgary and Alberta and -3 hour difference with UBC.

It gets tricky with Saskatchewan: from now till March 14, it's the same time there as in Manitoba. Starting from March 14, the time in Saskatchewan will match with Alberta.

Hope it helps scheduling interviews during the same day:)

Edited by schrodinger's mcat
time difference between EST and NST is 1.5 hours, not 2 hours

5 minutes ago, bread said:

Anyone else not hear anything yet? I know it’s just cause the programs I applied to haven’t sent anything out yet, but starting to get a bit stressed that scheduling might be hard if they all come out at the same time?

If you applied to IM they're all coming out together on the 1st of March as per what I've heard. I haven't heard back from most of the ones I applied to either :mellow:

5 minutes ago, ArthurMcArthur said:

If you applied to IM they're all coming out together on the 1st of March as per what I've heard. I haven't heard back from most of the ones I applied to either :mellow:

Thank you! My fingers are crossed we both hear back soon. :) hopefully some more FM programs will come out over the next few days also. 

36 minutes ago, bread said:

Anyone else not hear anything yet? I know it’s just cause the programs I applied to haven’t sent anything out yet, but starting to get a bit stressed that scheduling might be hard if they all come out at the same time?

Me! I applied to 4 ontario schools for FM and havent gotten anything yet and am getting stresssssed