Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like this year is an extremely competitive year for almost all specialties ... for anyone who might be feeling disappointed in themselves or feeling scared about their relative number of intervi

Calgary FM is going to send a rose through canada post to everyone they will rank to match, that's how you'll know.

Business Idea: a spa/resort for M4s 2 weeks leading up to match, but everyone is kept under moderate sedation the whole time and entertained with movies, mud baths, 24 h access to a petting zoo of pup

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, ToxicMegacolon said:

Sorry for the confusion. with A western FM program... need some atropine?

I see how this is still confusing. it was a program in the western part of Canada: i.e., BC or AB or Sask. but I wanted to be vague to protect my identity and build suspense...

I'm sorry everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cookie_m said:

Anyone with any insider knowledge of when McMaster & U of T EM invites will go out? So far the hints here have been pretty accurate

you can always email and ask - that's how most of us haven't gotten the insider info. either that or it was posted on the carms website/said by email. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bellejolie said:

you can always email and ask - that's how most of us haven't gotten the insider info. either that or it was posted on the carms website/said by email. 

Haha I will give it until Friday before I reach out. Didn't realize people were emailing the programs to find out (I don't want to be too annoying) and will start creeping on instagram

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cookie_m said:

Haha I will give it until Friday before I reach out. Didn't realize people were emailing the programs to find out (I don't want to be too annoying) and will start creeping on instagram

i mean if you haven't emailed at all its really not annoying! they're there to answer questions and asking about an expected date for release of interviews is not that unreasonable IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone get a reply back from Toronto Psychiatry after you accepted their interview offer? Or was it silence after confirming via email that you accept the interview offer with no acknowledgement from them that they've received your acceptance? I haven't heard from them since I emailed them accepting mine, idk if I should be concerned

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2020roger said:

Did anyone get a reply back from Toronto Psychiatry after you accepted their interview offer? Or was it silence after confirming via email that you accept the interview offer with no acknowledgement from them that they've received your acceptance? I haven't heard from them since I emailed them accepting mine, idk if I should be concerned

Nah I haven’t either dw 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrDogLover said:

If it's anything like Calgary, then probably not good news :unsure:

Yeah. I didn't apply to Alberta, but the Program Descriptions say only those who are offered an interview will get an email. The rest are "updated via CaRMS"; I have a feeling those will all be released on Mar 3rd blergh 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chateau22 said:

Anyone know if Mac gives feedback to rejections for FM? My application screamed FM (at least from my electives) and I'm in province so I'm kinda bummed about it but what can you do.

Sorry to hear about your rejection. I would definitely email the program/PD for feedback and ask if you can be put on waitlist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My specialty has been taking a longer time than I expected to come out with interview results, especially relative to programs of similar sizes. I'm afraid to think this means more people applied compared to previous years (it was already anticipated to be a very popular year across the country). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...