Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

3 minutes ago, CarmsApplicant2021 said:

Anyone receive a phone call from UBC emerg today? I was not contacted yesterday, I'm wondering if I should just give up hope and wait for the red X. 

Hey - UBC sent out emails yesterday with interview day info. Makes me think that they have finished contacting successful applicants, unless anyone turns an interview down. Chin up - still lots more EM invites pending!

Interesting situation: Got an email this AM saying I had been offered an Ottawa Psych interview, only to get another this afternoon saying I had not been offered one. Wondering if anyone else had this happen?? I’m predicting this first acceptance was an error but I emailed the admin for clarification. Made for an fun afternoon ahaha. 

8 minutes ago, medgay13 said:

Interesting situation: Got an email this AM saying I had been offered an Ottawa Psych interview, only to get another this afternoon saying I had not been offered one. Wondering if anyone else had this happen?? I’m predicting this first acceptance was an error but I emailed the admin for clarification. Made for an fun afternoon ahaha. 

I got an email from Anesthesia Laval this morning saying that I was offered an interview and then my CaRMS status was updated to "Not Offered An Interview". Turns out the program administrator made a mistake and accidentally assigned my name to "interviews"... I think it's even worse than an actual rejection #SNATCHED

4 minutes ago, NoMatchNoProblem said:

I got an email from Anesthesia Laval this morning saying that I was offered an interview and then my CaRMS status was updated to "Not Offered An Interview". Turns out the program administrator made a mistake and accidentally assigned my name to "interviews"... I think it's even worse than an actual rejection #SNATCHED

gunna invoice the department for my future therapy 

19 minutes ago, medgay13 said:

Well that sounds like an absolute nightmare. I'm so sorry you had to go through that :(