Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

2 minutes ago, PeanutButterAddict said:

Are FM interviews harder to secure this year? Particularly MAC.

Based on how many openings there were in the interview scheduler, it seems that they had a little over 600 interviews offered. I guess it would depend on how many people applied to give a percentage of applicants offered an interview, but this is what they said they usually select in the program description.

9 hours ago, Let it be MATCHical said:

I have

I had a friend last year who got waitlisted and then invited and then matched to that program!  So anything is possible!

Thank you! I got waitlisted today for two programs also, so this is good to hear. I wonder how last-minute they could contact you if a spot were to become available. 

11 minutes ago, bread said:

I’m sorry you’re not! To be honest, I’m going to be surprised if we end up getting it before we finish. My fingers are crossed you can get yours soon. :)

We were supposed to get it during clincials and priority to those on higher risk rotations, but we've since finished all of our clinical rotations and were just told we're being put back into the phase of general population with priority by age. And no plan for having us vaccinated before residency

13 minutes ago, openminded10 said:

Anyone here got OBGYN at UBC? If yes, was it for IMGs? Someone posted on the invitation thread that it was out but I haven't gotten anything :(

Hey sorry to hear you haven’t heard anything :( I got an e-mail with the interview details around 9am PST today if that helps (CMG). Carms hasn’t been updated yet though. You may potentially be on the waitlist?? 

22 minutes ago, Saskdoc95 said:

We were supposed to get it during clincials and priority to those on higher risk rotations, but we've since finished all of our clinical rotations and were just told we're being put back into the phase of general population with priority by age. And no plan for having us vaccinated before residency

Geez, that sucks! I wish medical students had been considered the same priority as the residents/staff/nurses etc. 

10 minutes ago, chocolatetart said:

Hey sorry to hear you haven’t heard anything :( I got an e-mail with the interview details around 9am PST today if that helps (CMG). Carms hasn’t been updated yet though. You may potentially be on the waitlist?? 

Yeah, that or they didn't send out rejections yet. Keeping my fingers crossed until then! Thanks for the update, and congrats!!

4 hours ago, bread said:

Thank you! I got waitlisted today for two programs also, so this is good to hear. I wonder how last-minute they could contact you if a spot were to become available. 

Every program is different but ours gives a firm deadline to accept your interview (early next week). We will follow up if we don't hear; it is rare for us to have an interview not accepted (although not unheard of). It really depends on the specialty and program.

10 hours ago, Let it be MATCHical said:

Well I guess that’s a wrap for another day... possibly week? Who knows with how things have been going. Have a good weekend folks! 

Flashback to last weekend: McGill working hard and delivering those responses as late as 11:30pm on a Saturday night :ph34r:

#NoOneIsSafe