Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

15 minutes ago, psychsohard said:

Does anyone know if most programs send their interview offers out all in one go and how long it takes for them to update your interview status on carms after offers are sent? E.g. if I see a program on the interview tracker list that has sent out invites but I haven't heard anything from them, does this mean I have not gotten an interview, and how long can I expect to wait for confirmation of this on carms?

I can't speak from experience because I haven't received any invites yet, but I believe they can send invites in different batches for different streams (ex. IMG vs. CMG).

1 hour ago, psychsohard said:

Does anyone know if most programs send their interview offers out all in one go and how long it takes for them to update your interview status on carms after offers are sent? E.g. if I see a program on the interview tracker list that has sent out invites but I haven't heard anything from them, does this mean I have not gotten an interview, and how long can I expect to wait for confirmation of this on carms?

Some programs may not update rejections until the very end in case applicants cancel for whatever reason, they have a pool to draw from. Depending on size of program too (if very large, I wouldn't read too much into it but if it's small then I would assume chances are not looking too good). 

8 minutes ago, bread said:

Those of you who have gotten invites so far - does the tracker update generally come first, or the email from the school? :)

WELLL zero updates on the tracker, email only. I messaged the CaRMS halp line and they (nearly verbatim) said lolsux some programs don’t follow what we tell them or do the opposite. Me - o :wacko:

15 hours ago, bread said:

Those of you who have gotten invites so far - does the tracker update generally come first, or the email from the school? :)

From my friend's FM match last year, we found that getting an email from a school meant an interview invite and getting an email from CaRMs first meant a rejection. It seems like CaRMs is super silent this year haha. I made my own interview tracker excel sheet.

27 minutes ago, ArthurMcArthur said:

From my friend's FM match last year, we found that getting an email from a school meant an interview invite and getting an email from CaRMs first meant a rejection. It seems like CaRMs is super silent this year haha. I made my own interview tracker excel sheet.

awesome. the anxiety is getting real!! i'm hoping for at least some news this week but doubtful. think majority will be next week for the big IM, peds and family programs.

15 hours ago, sykern said:

WELLL zero updates on the tracker, email only. I messaged the CaRMS halp line and they (nearly verbatim) said lolsux some programs don’t follow what we tell them or do the opposite. Me - o :wacko:

33 minutes ago, ArthurMcArthur said:

Ahhh, thanks guys! My email-checking has been out of control, lol. I thought maybe we’d hear about a couple this week, but maybe not after all. Hopefully soon! 

13 minutes ago, CaRMS2021 said:

Are y'all ranking programs that don't interview you?

As far as I know they only rank people they interview, so there really isn't a point in ranking them. I think I'm still going to rank them though, because a tiny part of me believes they might just take me in. I believe in Unicorns this match :P

1 hour ago, cookie_m said:

Saskatchewan FM updated their ig earlier today saying they were finalizing their interview list, so I suspect tomorrow or this weekend if you applied there

apparently UBC fam med is also coming out today/tomorrow - was told this was said on one of their info sessions this week. so happy we are all in this together and im not the only one with a pit of nerves in my stomach on the daily. in other good news - im done clerkship on saturday!