Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

Hey guys, any tips to cheer someone up after being rejected? My brother's dream was to become a paediatrician, and he just received a letter of rejection today, despite having outstanding clerkship evaluations in peds and letters of recommendations :( I'm heartbroken for him and just want to make him feel better but don't know what to say.

Thank you and good luck to all of you! I really hope you can all get into the residency of your choice! xx

27 minutes ago, Lunalove said:

Hey guys, any tips to cheer someone up after being rejected? My brother's dream was to become a paediatrician, and he just received a letter of rejection today, despite having outstanding clerkship evaluations in peds and letters of recommendations :(I'm heartbroken for him and just want to make him feel better but don't know what to say.

Thank you and good luck to all of you! I really hope you can all get into the residency of your choice! xx

relatable <3 did he get any interviews or none at all? did he parallel plan? there are many routes to working with kids! 

36 minutes ago, Lunalove said:

Hey guys, any tips to cheer someone up after being rejected? My brother's dream was to become a paediatrician, and he just received a letter of rejection today, despite having outstanding clerkship evaluations in peds and letters of recommendations :(I'm heartbroken for him and just want to make him feel better but don't know what to say.

This process is incredibly tough, add covid to the mix - absolutely brutal. Let your brother know this is just a speed bump. Even if he didn't get interviews there's still second round, it's not over!! 

39 minutes ago, Lunalove said:

Did your brother parallel plan with family medicine? I know quite a few family physicians who see Peds patients exclusively. Tons got rejections today - many qualified candidates. A good starting point would be to request to see your documents including Casper from carms to see if the letters or Casper weren’t as great and perhaps that will be a clue. But seriously both IM and Peds today have been rough.