Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

26 minutes ago, yup said:

Not yet. Does anyone know if the 7 min "answer period" will include follow-up questions?

Not sure, but there doesn’t actually appear to be a way to have follow-up questions in the system, as the mock interview is set up to ask a single question at the beginning and then your time starts. So I suspect if there are multiple parts to the question, that they will all have to be provided in that initial prompt.  

I have found the admins to be pretty responsive, could be worth asking - let us know what you find out. 

Is anyone invited for the University of Alberta family medicine interview? Any idea on what to expect and how to prepare for the asynchronous interview portion? 

Any IMGs here know anything about the California critical thinking skills test?

36 minutes ago, MedZZZ said:

Has anyone heard from the Manitoba FM interview scheduling? I have my carms portal updated but no email

Yes they sent out emails on Friday (for me at least) to fill out a Google Doc sheet with your preferred time - check your junk/spam mail! 

3 minutes ago, chateau22 said:

Yes they sent out emails on Friday (for me at least) to fill out a Google Doc sheet with your preferred time - check your junk/spam mail! 

Thanks for your reply. I have not received any email. I am going to email them I guess.

4 hours ago, Butterfly_ said:

What a rollercoaster year it has been! We’ve come so far and I can’t believe our medical school journey is coming to an end. I wish everyone all the best on their interviews! We got this!!!

Best of luck to you too! It really does feel crazy that it’s coming to an end. I’m starting to feel a little sad that it’s almost over and that our class will be totally dispersing soon. It’s been a great journey so far! :)

On 3/5/2021 at 6:29 PM, masterchef said:

Has anyone heard from MUN Anesthesia? Had my CaRMs status updated Mar 3 but no email from them Re: interview

I also haven’t heard from MUN Anesthesia yet with a CaRMS update on March 3rd. Have any of you had luck with emailing re: interview scheduling?    

People interviewing at Dal for psych tomorrow morning, have you received further emails since Friday March 5 with links to actual interview times/zoom calls beyond just the orientation zoom link? Getting concerned that they haven't sent them yet and I also did not get the link for the Dal social tonight. :/

@Persephone I was also wondering this re: Dal Psych! The latest schedule I have reads: 10:00 am – 1:00pm       Interview events begin – Links to the hourly events and your schedule will be sent closer to the interview day

I do have a "outlook invite" that has a link to the orientation, assuming from there they will direct us to interview rooms :| 

1 minute ago, t2n1n4 said:

@Persephone I was also wondering this re: Dal Psych! The latest schedule I have reads: 10:00 am – 1:00pm       Interview events begin – Links to the hourly events and your schedule will be sent closer to the interview day

?Somewhat reassuring others are having the same exp... 

Yeah no one I've spoken to at Mac who is interviewing tomorrow has received anything further. Someone did receive a link this AM to one of the zoom socials tonight but seemingly nothing else!

2 minutes ago, t2n1n4 said:

I do have a "outlook invite" that has a link to the orientation, assuming from there they will direct us to interview rooms :| 

Yeah it's just weird that they said we'd get more details and links closer to, but haven't received anything yet. Worst case we just announce we need those still tomorrow in the orientation.

2 hours ago, Persephone said:

People interviewing at Dal for psych tomorrow morning, have you received further emails since Friday March 5 with links to actual interview times/zoom calls beyond just the orientation zoom link? Getting concerned that they haven't sent them yet and I also did not get the link for the Dal social tonight. :/

I haven't either!