Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

2 hours ago, CaRMS2021 said:

Has anyone heard from Queen's FM about adding sites yet? I emailed but no response

At the info session last Tuesday, Dr. Wolfrom said that you can add them but they prefer if you add them within 24 hours of your interview. He didn't give any indication on a hard deadline though. I guess just add them sooner rather than later if they're not getting back to you.

8 hours ago, DrDogLover said:

I haven't heard anything yet either! Though after my asynchronous interview, I am not expecting one :lol:

I talked to Sharon (The PA) and she said they'll be releasing panel invites either Friday afternoon or Monday!! She also runs the undergrad clerkship blocks and the 2022s just started a new block this week soo she said it's hectic.. 

3 hours ago, sykern said:

I talked to Sharon (The PA) and she said they'll be releasing panel invites either Friday afternoon or Monday!! She also runs the undergrad clerkship blocks and the 2022s just started a new block this week soo she said it's hectic.. 

So many PA run both CaRMS and Clerkship blocks, I can only imagine how busy they must be these days!!

I can't help but overanalyze how each of my interviews didn't go well and fear that I'm doomed to go unmatched :( I hate this process.

Edits: Edited the number of interviews out, my apologies if this struck people the wrong way. Irrational fears still feel real and interviews are stressful regardless :( ! Obviously I'm incredibly thankful for the interviews I do have and meant to throw no shade at anyone. 

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

12 IM interviews and can't help but overanalyze how each one didn't go well and fear that I'm doomed to go unmatched :( I hate this process.

I have enough interviews that this post make me laugh at how someone can be so insecure that they need to come online and subtly flex how many interviews they have when they know that some people in IM, your classmates and strangers on this website, were not so lucky. Yet you still chose to come on here and throw yourself a pity party. I don't know what kind of person you must be to have no social supports that you need to get validation from strangers, but I truly hope you achieve whatever you were seeking. 

^^ Hello, I'm sorry if that struck you the wrong way! Maybe I typed in haste and I'll be cautious to not share the number of interviews I have anymore? But honestly its just how I'm feeling about the process! I do have social supports as well, I suspect we all do, but this place is another medium to vent, find/give support. Yeesh. 

That said, I appreciate the perspective, despite how condescending you sound.

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

I can't help but overanalyze how each of my interviews didn't go well and fear that I'm doomed to go unmatched :( I hate this process.

Edits: Edited the number of interviews out, my apologies if this struck people the wrong way. Irrational fears still feel real and interviews are stressful regardless :( ! Obviously I'm incredibly thankful for the interviews I do have and meant to throw no shade at anyone. 

So sorry to hear that you’re feeling that way. But you’re definitely not alone. I do the same thing! This whole CaRMs process is such a crazy emotional rollercoaster. Just counting down the days to 4/20 and praying that we all match to our desired programs!!

Hang in there!