Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

12 minutes ago, Persephone said:

yeah I am on family med right now and it's too chill, I have so much time to stress out....

It’s ok I’m literally off and studying for LMCC so you can imagine how much easier it is to think about it. But I really do get focused in the studying and it helps. Waves of anxiety also! Comes and goes. 9 days now - we in the single digits! 

4 minutes ago, Haribo7173 said:

lol my life is on hold until April 20, not sure how smart that is but oh well. 

Ahha that’s ok - but try to distract yourself. You know a good show is handmaids tale - and everything is based on stuff that actually happens in other parts of the world. So it makes it all seem Like this is a blip in the grand scheme of things! And a very good distraction. Also another new show I discovered on Netflix is snowpiercer and loved it. Plus u know nature and walks? LOL. 

Business Idea: a spa/resort for M4s 2 weeks leading up to match, but everyone is kept under moderate sedation the whole time and entertained with movies, mud baths, 24 h access to a petting zoo of puppies and other animals.  

Anyone got leftover LOC? DM to invest.

5 minutes ago, MedHopeful93 said:

Business Idea: a spa/resort for M4s 2 weeks leading up to match, but everyone is kept under moderate sedation the whole time and entertained with movies, mud baths, 24 h access to a petting zoo of puppies and other animals.  

Now open it to M1/M2/M3s during summers and premeds during application season too and it’s a deal

25 minutes ago, MedHopeful93 said:

Perfect 

6 hours ago, lovemedicinesomuch said:

For smaller specialties.. does anyone know how much does the interview play a role compared to the rest of your application... I keep re-playing some of my interview answers and I feel that I could have improved some of them lol and 

Think this depends on the specialty. Considering all things this year I have the belief that it will probably matter less so at your home institution but more so at others schools.

For example a smaller program at your home institution this year where you did 8-weeks of electives. The interview will probably matter less in this regard, whereas other schools have no idea who you are and thus to be ranked highly there (above the schools own candidates) will require excellent LORs and a excellent interview (assuming the students at their own institution are either great candidates or maybe ranking other schools higher than their own).

1 hour ago, anotheranon said:

is anyone else really nervous about going unmatched? I know only a small percentage do, but I'm getting more and more scared despite having what felt like good interviews

I have to think it's just part of the process.. the closer the date gets the more I second guess everything and worry about what things look like if I go unmatched

as scary as it is I am also super excited though, it's a whole new chapter and you certainly aren't alone :D

1 hour ago, anotheranon said:

is anyone else really nervous about going unmatched? I know only a small percentage do, but I'm getting more and more scared despite having what felt like good interviews

It's definitely a fear, especially because I didn't get as many interviews as I had hoped for. My hope is of course that I match but I am prepared for whatever may come. I've faced challenges before and I just have to have some faith in my ability to problem solve and make the most out of any situation. Also, I am trying to have some faith that my interviews did go as well as they felt to me. Every single one of us could find something we could've done better during this cycle, in the end it's a numbers game.

9 minutes ago, Haribo7173 said:

What I find comforting is that no matter what, time goes by... even if it feels outstandingly slow. Like even as I type this, we’re seconds closer :lol:

Omg I find this SO painful. This last week is just going by painfully slow. These threads are keeping me going. Talking to you all is very comforting! 

5 minutes ago, bellejolie said:

Omg I find this SO painful. This last week is just going by painfully slow. These threads are keeping me going. Talking to you all is very comforting! 

Blahh, I feel the same! This last week is unbearable.

I do really appreciate all your positivity @bellejolie! Keeping me sane lol!!!

4 hours ago, Butterfly_ said:

Blahh, I feel the same! This last week is unbearable.

I do really appreciate all your positivity @bellejolie! Keeping me sane lol!!!

aw im so glad!! <3 seriously it's so nice to have solidarity and a community of people. i like checking the forum and seeing new messages. it really helps. less than a week to go!