Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like this year is an extremely competitive year for almost all specialties ... for anyone who might be feeling disappointed in themselves or feeling scared about their relative number of intervi

Calgary FM is going to send a rose through canada post to everyone they will rank to match, that's how you'll know.

Business Idea: a spa/resort for M4s 2 weeks leading up to match, but everyone is kept under moderate sedation the whole time and entertained with movies, mud baths, 24 h access to a petting zoo of pup

Posted Images

Just now, Butterfly_ said:

Did you get an email from them first or was it the CaRMs tracker update?

It was an email from them. They said that the CaRMS tracker will be updated on another date I think. Seems like rumors about programs not updating on CaRMS might be true?

4 hours ago, sykern said:

Do you know if it's people with a Western Canada affiliation or has it been random? I know historically they're very, VERY "wE tAkE oUr oWn" and 10 years ago they wouldn't even look at you if you didn't do an elective there (source: buddy of mine applied in 2011). So I wouldn't be surprised if they were offering home grown / home adjacent / people with a western canada connection first. At the same time it's a weird year so I could be completely off, I'm just going off of my n of 1. 

They are taking more non-U of C students in recent years. In my year they took 3 of their own and the rest went to students from other schools. There were more than enough applicants that trained in Calgary and wanted to stay in Calgary from my class to fill the entire residency cohort if they really wanted to stick with home grown options so they're definitely open to and actively matching people from other schools. 

1 hour ago, cookie_m said:

Congrats! Just from comparing with my buddies, if your last name ends with a Z you might be waiting a while. Likely rolling by last name

Hey what’s the furthest down the alphabet they’ve gone to the best of your knowledge. Trying to salvage my Friday here ....

Does anyone know if we should be concerned if we got an update on CaRMS about an interview offer yesterday but still have not heard from the program directly? Is anyone else having this issue? Just wondering at what point should I reach out to the program myself :huh:

4 minutes ago, thcerbo said:

Does anyone know if we should be concerned if we got an update on CaRMS about an interview offer yesterday but still have not heard from the program directly? Is anyone else having this issue? Just wondering at what point should I reach out to the program myself :huh:

Check your spam?