Premed 101 Forums

Clarification on CASPer Dates?

Let's say you're planning to apply to 6 schools that need the CASPer.

There's a decent (non-zero) chance that the available test dates for these schools don't all line up, right? Like one school might only be accepting the August test dates, whereas others will accept as late as December.

Does this mean you have to write the CASPer more than once per application cycle?

Screenshot to show what I'm talking about - in this example of available test dates this past cycle, you'd have to write the CASPer in August and also in Sept or Oct. Right? Or no?

Screenshot_2021-02-11 CASPer test dates and fees - CASPer.png

51 minutes ago, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

Can? Or "must"?

From Mcmaster’s website, it states “No, you can only write the Canadian Professional Health Sciences CASPer test once/application cycle.  If you must write CASPer in August or September [for schools with an earlier test date requirement, such as Dalhousie School of Medicine] and are also applying to McMaster, you must add McMaster to your distribution list, once you have received your OMSAS number. 

So, disregard my earlier comment :)

9 hours ago, Coviduh19 said:

From Mcmaster’s website, it states “No, you can only write the Canadian Professional Health Sciences CASPer test once/application cycle.  If you must write CASPer in August or September [for schools with an earlier test date requirement, such as Dalhousie School of Medicine] and are also applying to McMaster, you must add McMaster to your distribution list, once you have received your OMSAS number. 

So, disregard my earlier comment :)

Sweet - so happy to hear that