Premed 101 Forums

UBC GPA conversion tables?

Here is a GPA conversion table from OMSAS with a lot canadian unis. https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/omsas-conversion-table/ 

By the looks of it in the schools that only give letter grades, McGill is the only school that doesn't give A+. The conversion table only gives A a 92 so I would say yes it does put these student at a disadvantage in this sense. However, for McGill, 85 is an A, meaning even if they get 86 in a course, UBC will treat it as a 92. So for those who are barely scraping As in their courses it can actually be an advantage!

Hey, I'm not sure to understand how the table works...

I'm from Quebec and both of the universities I've been to are 7s (Laval and Montreal).

So, if I understand correctly (Alpha column, under 7), my A+s are 4.00 and As are 3.90? And, can I use this to convert my GPA into the OMSAS scale, since they don't consider the undergraduate program as a contributing factor to the calculation?

(Sorry if this is a stupid question)

3 hours ago, ChriShe said:

Hey, I'm not sure to understand how the table works...

I'm from Quebec and both of the universities I've been to are 7s (Laval and Montreal).

So, if I understand correctly (Alpha column, under 7), my A+s are 4.00 and As are 3.90? And, can I use this to convert my GPA into the OMSAS scale, since they don't consider the undergraduate program as a contributing factor to the calculation?

(Sorry if this is a stupid question)

You are right. That is how you would calculate your OMSAS GPA for Ontario schools. UBC however uses a percentage scale out of 100. I believe if your school gives out A+, you would use table 1 to convert your GPA into UBC percentage. 

ref:Grade_Conversion_Table_-_JPEG21654.jpg