Premed 101 Forums

DAT Studying materials

Hi all,

I'm a Canadian citizen and graduated from another country years ago. I have a BScN. I'm planning to apply for dentistry schools. What is the best studying material for DAT? 

I've been away from school for quiet a long time so need to study the content. I'm not sure where to fine the right studying materials for all the subjects that are being tested in DAT exam. 

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

If you have spent a long time away from school and aren't familiar with the material, maybe consider purchasing a subscription to study platforms such as DATCrusher or DATBootcamp. They offer lessons that walk you through all of the concepts which is a good idea if you need the guidance. 

If you are confident in your self studying abilities, then you won't need to spend tons of money on those services. When I wrote my DAT in November I compiled all of the free resources I could find on the internet like textbook pdf's, notes, websites, and scored a 27 A.A. I even made use of free MCAT study materials because they have a lot of overlapping content. Overall I spent a few days of just scouring the internet and collecting any relevant material. 

In short, all off the material tested on the DAT can be found in many different resources that are low or no cost, so I recommend gathering those resources first. But if that still isn't working, investing in a study service might be the easiest solution for you.