Premed 101 Forums

If you put NMP first, your awards + employment + research section still counts?

Hi, 

Just a question, for the site references, if I was to put NMP first - UBC will still give me a holistic file review? meaning that in addition to the rural application section my other research+employment+awards+ regular NAQ section will still count? of-course due to the character limit and entries allowed my regular NAQ section is a better indicator of all my activities. 

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, hopefulindestiny said:

Hi, 

Just a question, for the site references, if I was to put NMP first - UBC will still give me a holistic file review? meaning that in addition to the rural application section my other research+employment+awards+ regular NAQ section will still count? of-course due to the character limit and entries allowed my regular NAQ section is a better indicator of all my activities. 

Thanks!

Yes, they will. UBC does not take site rankings into account when doing the overall file review - they are blinded to site preferences for the selection for all general seats and NMP seats. They are separate processes.

Edit: this question comes up every year, see: https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/2014/02/19/last-minute-notes-on-site-selection/