Premed 101 Forums

USask 2021 Dental School Interviews

On 3/1/2021 at 3:20 PM, lmaword said:

Havent heard anything yet. have asked many people and no one has gotten anything. i emailed the department yesterday but havent gotten a response. invitations have not been sent out and its already March, im thinking that interviews may be cancelled this year, they were last year once COVID hit. 

Keep us updated if you get a response

1 hour ago, Crockus said:

Keep us updated if you get a response. It is already so frustrating that Usask dent was the only college to not even bother with online interviews last year. I hope they hold some type of interview this time around 

will do. my friend said that it was the same last year, they didnt really update the applicants that well and people were just left wondering as to what was going to happen, similar stuff this year i guess. 

16 hours ago, lmaword said:

will do. my friend said that it was the same last year, they didnt really update the applicants that well and people were just left wondering as to what was going to happen, similar stuff this year i guess. 

I'm assuming they haven't responded but any update from Usask yet? Did your friend say if they emailed out information, or are we supposed to check our Application Status page to get the info? I find it odd that it's now March 2nd and we still haven't heard anything.

1 hour ago, reg123 said:

I'm assuming they haven't responded but any update from Usask yet? Did your friend say if they emailed out information, or are we supposed to check our Application Status page to get the info? I find it odd that it's now March 2nd and we still haven't heard anything.

still no response from the department. i am pretty sure they email any updates that occur. i have checked the application status page a couple as well and nothing has changed there either, no updates in terms of anything on that end. its been 2-3 days since i emailed them and they haven't responded yet so i don't know what is going on. it is a very weird situation, interview invites usually go out mid February. i guess we will have to keep waiting. 

3 hours ago, reg123 said:

They email out updates. I applied last year as well and I never saw any updates on the application status page

1 hour ago, meowhk said:

Does anyone know when they sent out emails to officially cancel the interview? Did they give a notice before the interview?

They sent out invites feb 14th with the interview set to be on March 28th. Then early March they sent another email saying that they are monitoring the COVID situation but still intend to hold the interviews on the specified date. A few days after this (~ mid march) they sent another update saying that the interviews were cancelled, but would be rescheduled TBD. Then we didn't hear anything until April 22nd, when they emailed informing us that the interviews were permanently cancelled and telling us our application results

1 hour ago, Pebbsie said:

Do you think it'll be more about when the interview will be or more on the lines of whether we are having an interview or not??

I think it could go either way. Saying that, I’d be a little surprised if we didn’t have interviews this year given that they had almost a year to decide how to conduct the interviews during the pandemic. 

2 hours ago, Crockus said:

Thanks for the update! Notified about interviews right?

i cant say for sure, that's all the email said, that we will be notified in mid to late march, literally nothing more than this. but looking at the timeline, i think its fair to assume that interviews will be cancelled, march is usually the month they have them, and as of right now, we don't even know if they are going to have them or not. I guess well have to wait and see what they say.