Premed 101 Forums

16 hours ago, meowhk said:

Hi guys, I've just got a question for IP applicants. If you've attended high school in Saskatchewan (assuming for all four years) and then studied at the u of s for three years, would you need to submit any other documents to prove that you are a resident of Saskatchewan?

I think your SK health card OR Driver's license OR Tax return can all prove your residency. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! Make sure you log in to the Usask application to see any changes to your waitlist changes. As I did not get an email when my status changed. 

Havent heard anything yet. have asked many people and no one has gotten anything. i emailed the department yesterday but havent gotten a response. invitations have not been sent out and its already Ma

They sent out invites feb 14th with the interview set to be on March 28th. Then early March they sent another email saying that they are monitoring the COVID situation but still intend to hold the int

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, meowhk said:

Hey I got a letter too! I believe you can just email the admissions office to ask about the waitlist ranking!

Yeah I emailed. Did you get accepted? If so, do you mind sharing your stats? I just kind of want to get a feel for how brutal the cycle was lol

3 hours ago, y121212 said:

Hey guys, I just got the waitlisted letter. I am an IP applicant. Did anyone else receive this yet? Also how do we figure out where we are on the waiting list?

Hi. Wait list means you still have a chance which is great. Mind sharing your stats? Thanks and wishing you all the best!

5 hours ago, y121212 said:

Hey guys, I just got the waitlisted letter. I am an IP applicant. Did anyone else receive this yet? Also how do we figure out where we are on the waiting list?

I am IP and got waitlisted as well. Do you mind sharing your stats?

88 average, 22AA, 21 PAT

17 minutes ago, reg123 said:

I am IP and got waitlisted as well. Do you mind sharing your stats?

88 average, 22AA, 21 PAT

I have a 86 average with 23 AA and 18 PAT (lol, I know). Let me know what part of the waitlist you are one on when Admissions get back to u

8 minutes ago, y121212 said:

I have a 86 average with 23 AA and 18 PAT (lol, I know). Let me know what part of the waitlist you are one on when Admissions get back to u

Will do. I got an auto reply from them saying that they are working remotely and that they will try to respond soon. 

Does anyone know how many waitlist spots there are?

Hi all, just got an acceptance letter this morning. I believe this year has a lower than average academic average, as I was surprised to have got in (I am an out of province applicant). My DAT scores were: AA: 20, PAT: 21, RC: 21, with a 3.78 GPA average over the course of my degree -though over my best two years I believe it would be around 3.89 GPA average. I think this should give people hope (at least those out of province!). Also for reference I did not even get an interview this year from U of A (in which I am in province), or U of T! Best of luck everyone!

1 hour ago, outofprovince said:

Hi all, just got an acceptance letter this morning. I believe this year has a lower than average academic average, as I was surprised to have got in (I am an out of province applicant). My DAT scores were: AA: 20, PAT: 21, RC: 21, with a 3.78 GPA average over the course of my degree -though over my best two years I believe it would be around 3.89 GPA average. I think this should give people hope (at least those out of province!). Also for reference I did not even get an interview this year from U of A (in which I am in province), or U of T! Best of luck everyone!

Congrats! That's really interesting about the lower OOP academic average. Cause so many IPs are waitlisted at his point, So I am wondering if the 12 spots that are reserved for anyone (both OOP and IP regardless of residency) will see some IP movement as well. 

1 hour ago, y121212 said:

Congrats! That's really interesting about the lower OOP academic average. Cause so many IPs are waitlisted at his point, So I am wondering if the 12 spots that are reserved for anyone (both OOP and IP regardless of residency) will see some IP movement as well. 

OOP pay higher tuition than IP at USask dental. The province will only subsidize a certain number of IP spots. I imagine that even if the OOP spots are released for IP, they'll be at the OOP tuition rate. At 66,500 for first year and 62,000 for years 2-4, the UofS isn't particualry attractive for OOP. You could probably go to school in the US for that kind of money and not deal with four years of Saskatoon winters.

Additionally, converting grades from a 4.0 scale school to USask's percentage system means that a 3.8-3.9 is probably around an 88 or 90 on the percentage scale. I doubt that the OOP averages are actually lower than IP. UofA dental is just crazy competitive GPA wise. It has a higher GPA average than Harvard dental (and med) school.

12 hours ago, y121212 said:

Admissions told me top third. Not sure how many there are on the waitlist though as they don't release that information. Where are you sitting? Hopefully some waitlist movement will start once medicine acceptances are released in May. 

1 hour ago, reg123 said:

Admissions told me top third. Not sure how many there are on the waitlist though as they don't release that information. Where are you sitting? Hopefully some waitlist movement will start once medicine acceptances are released in May. 

I am in middle third so definitely not keeping my hopes high. It's okay, it was my first time applying and I am 3rd year anyways so I don't think I will be too sad about it haha.