Premed 101 Forums

Potential Conflict of Interest

amiralangs

When I applied to UofC I wasn't aware of any potential conflicts of interest with the interviewers. I've been talking to someone for a few months that happens to be a doctor, and we haven't talked about my interest in medical school, as I was applying to a number of programs when we met. As of late, I'm starting to think that they will be one of the interviewers as their time seems to be really locked up around the interview weekends, and the dates shifted with the UofC interview shift. I'm wondering if I should bring this up with the admissions committee after talking to them if this turns out to be the case. Would this automatically disqualify me from the UofC interviews? We aren't in a relationship, but we met on tinder. 

No. If it coincidentally happens that this person is assigned to you then they should switch you to interview with someone else. It happens not uncommonly, as many applicants may be involved with research/committees with staff that they have met before. I think most places do ask you to let them know if you might know any potential interviewers if you are invited for an interview so you can mention it then.