Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Discussion 2021

• Student98 changed the title to Ottawa Interview Discussion 2021

Well I'm not sure why OP deleted this, but without violating the NDA... how did everyone feel about their interview? Mine wasn't as I expected, and I feel like I performed "meh." I had trouble developing my answers adequately and there were a lot of awkward pauses. I'm feeling sad about it since UOttawa is my #1, but I know it ain't over until May 11th and I've got a couple more coming up. Whatever happens, we're lucky to have made it this far! 

Good luck to everyone with interviews still coming up! 

5 hours ago, PirouetteCacahuete said:

Well I'm not sure why OP deleted this, but without violating the NDA... how did everyone feel about their interview? Mine wasn't as I expected, and I feel like I performed "meh." I had trouble developing my answers adequately and there were a lot of awkward pauses. I'm feeling sad about it since UOttawa is my #1, but I know it ain't over until May 11th and I've got a couple more coming up. Whatever happens, we're lucky to have made it this far! 

Good luck to everyone with interviews still coming up! 

I feel the same way, there were some low lights but also some highlights. I'm just having trouble grasping exactly how I preformed. Looking back I feel that I was calm, friendly, showed my personality, gave creative responses and even made the interviewers laugh at a few points. Feeling iffy about 1-2 questions which looking back I could have been clearer with or structured better. Overall don't really know how I did so we'll see May 11th, hoping for the best.

Felt meh. The questions were stereotypical panel interview questions. Scenarios were really straightforward. It was hard to show who I really was with the questions I got. However, I felt confident and genuine during the interview....not so much after the interview. Hopefully, I can get onto the high waitlist and the GPA carries me to admittance. This is my only interview.

11 hours ago, MDismydream said:

Do you guys know if there's like a correlation between your interview date and your standing (wGPA)???

I was interviewed March 5th and I know someone who was interviewed February 17th and I wonder how they decide who is interviewed when.

Thanks

Don't worry about this :) Applicants from later interview dates get in too! There really doesn't seem to be a correlation between your interview date and offers.