Premed 101 Forums

HELP max number of programs to apply to for Fall 2021 admission

Hi ! 

I was just wondering, do you guys know if applying to more than 2 programs at McGill is allowed? For instance, I want to apply to four programs, but I've completed my application for only two (I was not able to add any more on that application). I applied to Med-P and physiotherapy/occupational therapy. I also wanted to apply to Dent-P and nursing, but that would mean to fill up a second application. I was scared my second application (nursing and dent-p) will delete the first two (med-p and physiotherapy/OT) ... UDEM scared me with that because on their website, when I applied to med-p, opto and Pharma they asked like 3 times "are you sure you want to apply to these 3 programs? Making another application will delete the ones you just applied to" so I was wondering if McGill was the same. Also, I did my casper a long time ago (jan 19) and the results were already sent to McGill (feb 3)... will they even look at my application for dent-p and nursing if its way beyond the date they received the casper results?

I just don't want to mess up my chances for Med-P and PT/OP with other applications...

thank you guys in advance !!

ps : I did call the admission office about it, but the person at the phone didn't seem 100% convinced about it...

2 hours ago, alex686 said:

Hi ! 

I was just wondering, do you guys know if applying to more than 2 programs at McGill is allowed? For instance, I want to apply to four programs, but I've completed my application for only two (I was not able to add any more on that application). I applied to Med-P and physiotherapy/occupational therapy. I also wanted to apply to Dent-P and nursing, but that would mean to fill up a second application. I was scared my second application (nursing and dent-p) will delete the first two (med-p and physiotherapy/OT) ... UDEM scared me with that because on their website, when I applied to med-p, opto and Pharma they asked like 3 times "are you sure you want to apply to these 3 programs? Making another application will delete the ones you just applied to" so I was wondering if McGill was the same. Also, I did my casper a long time ago (jan 19) and the results were already sent to McGill (feb 3)... will they even look at my application for dent-p and nursing if its way beyond the date they received the casper results?

I just don't want to mess up my chances for Med-P and PT/OP with other applications...

thank you guys in advance !!

ps : I did call the admission office about it, but the person at the phone didn't seem 100% convinced about it...

I don't know about the 2 applications but I do think the other programs will look at your casper, if its the same type of casper thats is needed for those programs. However, if I remember well, you have to pay a fee to casper to send your application to each specific program and you can add more programs as long as its for the same application cycle, if I remember well. I don't think the casper date will matter much, since again, its the same application cycle. You should definitively verify to make sure casper sent the results to all the programs!

13 hours ago, ceelbe said:

This is unrelated sorta but from my understanding the casper for nursing undergrad at McGill is different than the others you applied for, did you find out if you had to somehow take a different one? Or do they accept the one you took? Just curious!

I did do the casper for nursing... its a separate one, you're right! like level 1 for nursing and for dent/med/pharma/OT/PT  its level 2