Premed 101 Forums

Queen's POST-MMI: Panel Interview Invites 2021

Invite 11:44 EDT!! Very early alphabet last name. 

Felt pretty good about the interview but thought the questions were pretty generic and I wasn't really able to get creative/stand out. Guess it was enough! Felt like I bombed one follow up question (sat in silence for half the time). 

43 minutes ago, Alkm396 said:

I think I will as well

This is what Queen's told me regarding a Western Queen's conflict when I emailed them February 4th (before the interview portal changed):

"If you have a conflict with interviews it is the responsibility of the applicant to attend the interview of their choice. We will not make accommodations to change interview times/dates."

4 minutes ago, go girl 08 said:

Got my R, except it says I’ve been included in the waitlist? Does everyone’s email have that or do I actually have a chance lmao

i think you definitely have a chance!!! i got an R as well but my email included no mention of being on a waitlist. best of luck, i hope you're able to interview!!! :wub:

23 minutes ago, LuffyMD said:

This is what Queen's told me regarding a Western Queen's conflict when I emailed them February 4th (before the interview portal changed):

"If you have a conflict with interviews it is the responsibility of the applicant to attend the interview of their choice. We will not make accommodations to change interview times/dates."

This is kind of ridiculous tbh.... How hard is it to open a portal where we can schedule an interview time that works for us? Seems unfair to make it all this way and then be forced to forfeit a spot at either school because they refuse to reschedule the few applicants (I assume <5) who end up unlucky enough to have 2 interviews scheduled at the exact same time. Especially for 2 OMSAS schools who presumably should be communicating quite a bit over this process.

31 minutes ago, Ss123toy said:

This is kind of ridiculous tbh.... How hard is it to open a portal where we can schedule an interview time that works for us? Seems unfair to make it all this way and then be forced to forfeit a spot at either school because they refuse to reschedule the few applicants (I assume <5) who end up unlucky enough to have 2 interviews scheduled at the exact same time. Especially for 2 OMSAS schools who presumably should be communicating quite a bit over this process.

Given how hard it is to get any interview, to expect us to play Russian roulette with our life career aspirations is imo cruel.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:28 AM, go girl 08 said:

Got my R, except it says I’ve been included in the waitlist? Does everyone’s email have that or do I actually have a chance lmao

Any chance you could share the wording of your email just to see what it says.  There's been so many people on social media that have said you can't be waitlisted  at this stage of the application process, but you're the first person to confirm you have....Thank you

5 hours ago, CharlieBrownsmmi said:

Any chance you could share the wording of your email just to see what it says.  There's been so many people on social media that have said you can't be waitlisted  at this stage of the application process, but you're the first person to confirm you have....Thank you

I'm pretty sure they got waitlisted for a panel interview. As in, if enough people decline their panel interview, then they would be able to take their spot and get a panel themselves. 

I think the people saying you can't be waitlisted at this stage are saying that in order to be waitlisted for acceptance you need to actually get a panel interview. 

2 hours ago, naptime98 said:

I'm pretty sure they got waitlisted for a panel interview. As in, if enough people decline their panel interview, then they would be able to take their spot and get a panel themselves. 

I think the people saying you can't be waitlisted at this stage are saying that in order to be waitlisted for acceptance you need to actually get a panel interview. 

Are panel interviews only held this coming weekend or will they hold another round of panel interviews for those that were waitlisted and then offered a panel interview?