Premed 101 Forums

Bac en Biomed, nutrition ou neurosciences pour aller en Med ?

ar112

26 minutes ago, ar112 said:

C'est 32.7 :(

With you CRC, I’ll recommend you to apply into occupational therapy (ergo) and biopharma as a second choice if you are interested into the medication development and the pharmaceutical world. From my experience in biopharma, if you study well, you can afford a 4-4,1 GPA easily but you should be serious on your studies. Personally I did not enjoy the field and it was a bit harder for me to get higher grades because of the lack of interest, but I still was able to get 4,23/4,33 on my first year. When you start such program, you should keep in mind that you have to give all of yourself to MOVE from it, and you’ll get easily great grades, despite the lack of interest. However, keep in mind that it depends on your interest, I’ll suggest you to look over the courses that are given to you in the UDEM website before you make your choice ! Hope I responded to your request ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Bonjour, je suis un collégien avec une cote dans les hauts 33. Je ne pense pas être accepté en médecine cette année. Je suis motivé pour devenir médecin, mais je suis perdu quant au programme qui va me permettre de le devenir. Il y a beaucoup trop de facteurs à prendre en considération : indice de force du programme, durée, s’il fait obligatoirement finir le bac, si c’est un programme connexe qui me permettra de sauter l’année préparatoire, si il y a une bonification, etc. Je voulais savoir quels son les meilleurs programmes pour tremplin vers MD. Je sais qu’il y a neurosciences, biomed, pharmacie etc. Je sais aussi que l’université (udem, ulaval, udes) à aussi un impact et pas seulement le programme.  Pouvez-vous svp me conseiller  en donnant des commentaires sur les programmes que j’ai mentionné ou en me proposant d’autres (en spécifiant l’université). 

Merci !

The Specialty Program in Exercise Science @ Concordia was my route to medicine! It is not hard, however, to attain A's and considering the volume of material, I was studying always. If I only wanted B's I could have coasted. Also., the Specialty Program has 2 internships with the elderly chronically ill and so, you are able to apply your theoretical knowledge while dealing with patients. See the below thread and I encourage you to read every post.