Premed 101 Forums

sciences biopharmaceutiques

Kazem

Hello,

I started this topic to give some advice to future students willing to apply into biopharma ! 

I have 30 credits in biopharma with 4,23/4,33 GPA and I know many of you have been questioning your self on the difficulty level of the program. From my experience, people who had 34 + at cegep succeeded really well in biopharma and despite what we can hear, many graduate with 4,20 and more without having to study their lives ! 

If any of you are interested into the field or the degree as a step for a doctorate degree, feel free to ask me question and I’ll try my best to give you all I can !  

In comparison with biomed :

biomed : daily hours  of study : 5 hours or so 

biopharma : 3 to 4 hours per day (it is an average for all the 7 days of the week, which means : Monday to Friday : 2 hours, and the week-end a bit more (6 hours sometimes) 

In biopharma you should have an interest for chemistry (for the first semesters) and should not have problem with TP labs ! Most of labs are less then 15 pages and are really easy to do ! It is in the lab that you should aim for your points ! When it comes to thermodynamics and the chemistry side, if you do all your exercises and review them once before the exam (that is similar to the exercices, there should be no problem !

In comparison to cegep :

the effort to give for a 30 CRC equals a 3,6 GPA and the effort you give for an 34 CRC should lead you to a 4,15 GPA (approximately  but also depends on your interests !)

thank you and as I said feel free to ask me questions ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in secondary V now and next year , I will attend cégep.I want to get in biopharma at Montreal University but I didn’t choose to go in Health Science but rather in a program called Techniques de laboratoire (Biotechnologies) at Ahuntsic College.

I have multiple questions for you about many subjects

1- How is the Biopharma program ? What university did you attend ? 

2- Is it possible to go to a technique  in cégep like the one I chose and go into biopharma after ? If yes, what should be my r-score to get accepted?

3- Is biopharma a good path to go to an another program like pharmacy later ?

4- I know that I repeated myself but what are the grades that I should have or average in Cegep to assure my spot in biopharma?

5- Is there a lot of competion in the program ?

6- I don’t have anymore questions but of you can give me more informations about biopharma in general it would be cool !

Thank you very much in advance ! I search for a long time someone like you who came from biopharma.