Premed 101 Forums

Does McGill accept applicants with a university degree in their BSc in Physical Therapy?

McGillPT

Hey there,

I graduated from Mcgill back in 2019 with a degree in kinesiology (GPA = 3.7/4). It has always been my dream to be a doctor but I beleive my GPA is too low. From my understanding, I can do a second undergrad to raise my GPA and I am really interested in PT. Does Mcgill accept people who have already completed an undergrad in their PT program? Is my GPA competitive enough?

As a side note, I am specifically talking about the BSc in PT and not the Qualifying Year! Thank you!

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/prospective/our-statistics

If you take a look at the statistics regarding the most recent M.D.,C.M. application cycle, you can see that a GPA of around 3.85 is usually considered competitive. Perhaps you could consider a postgraduate program; this increases your chance of getting an invitation to the MMIs when your basis of admission degree’s GPA is lower than 3.75. As for kinesiology, I have to admit not knowing if the subject of your B.Sc. plays a (significant) role in their decision making process.

2 hours ago, McGillPT said:

Hey there,

I graduated from Mcgill back in 2019 with a degree in kinesiology (GPA = 3.7/4). It has always been my dream to be a doctor but I beleive my GPA is too low. From my understanding, I can do a second undergrad to raise my GPA and I am really interested in PT. Does Mcgill accept people who have already completed an undergrad in their PT program? Is my GPA competitive enough?

As a side note, I am specifically talking about the BSc in PT and not the Qualifying Year! Thank you!

Pretty sure they do, but most people with a degree would apply to QY, so it's less common.