Premed 101 Forums

Since the first semester is done and my application is made, I started to aim for lower grades like 60-70s since they told us that it’s just our grades of the first semester that are considered in our CEGEP application and that CEGEP only looks if you pass or not your second semester.

But I heard from other people that in programs like health science, they also look at ur second semester grades, is it true? 

13 hours ago, L0LLYP0P said:

Since the first semester is done and my application is made, I started to aim for lower grades like 60-70s since they told us that it’s just our grades of the first semester that are considered in our CEGEP application and that CEGEP only looks if you pass or not your second semester.

But I heard from other people that in programs like health science, they also look at ur second semester grades, is it true? 

Nah, do your best, because if this year you won’t get in your grades will count for next year if you apply as a faux collégien. For example, I got 36.1 at the end of my 3rd semester, but still did my best on the 4th, and guess what? I didn’t get in on first try (fucked up my MMI), but instead on my second try where my 4th semester counted. By still trying to do my best on my 4th semester, my R score went from 36.1 to 36.8, which definitely helped me a bit with my second try despite not being the main factor of why I got in.

3 minutes ago, keipop said:

Nah, do your best, because if this year you won’t get in your grades will count for next year if you apply as a faux collégien. For example, I got 36.1 at the end of my 3rd semester, but still did my best on the 4th, and guess what? I didn’t get in (fucked up my MMI). However, by doing my best on my 4th semester, my R score went from 36.1 to 36.8, which definitely helped me a bit to get in despite not being the main factor of why I got in.

Are u talkin about A cegepien going to uni? •_•

7 minutes ago, keipop said:

Nah, do your best, because if this year you won’t get in your grades will count for next year if you apply as a faux collégien. For example, I got 36.1 at the end of my 3rd semester, but still did my best on the 4th, and guess what? I didn’t get in (fucked up my MMI). However, by doing my best on my 4th semester, my R score went from 36.1 to 36.8, which definitely helped me a bit to get in despite not being the main factor of why I got in.

U actually nailed it tho. CONGRATS :)

On 3/6/2021 at 7:58 PM, L0LLYP0P said:

LOL. I’m tired for real, I just wanna chill 

Honestly I understand you, when I was at this step of my application I could not even open a book or study, (and it was worst when it was about ethics and all that kind of classes....) However, not only for your grades, I’d say that you should maintain a minimum of efforts in order to keep your rhythm and to avoid to be shocked at your first year of university. 
My final advice would be to study normally, without having the same stress you could have before this semester.