Premed 101 Forums

Admission Announcements 2020/2021

I'm an NB applicant and I just found out that one of my references is having a phone conversation with admissions tomorrow at their request. Has anyone ever heard of them doing this???? Ive never heard this, and it didn't happen last year when I was rejected. *Heart palpitations*

1 hour ago, jmn753 said:

I'm an NB applicant and I just found out that one of my references is having a phone conversation with admissions tomorrow at their request. Has anyone ever heard of them doing this???? Ive never heard this, and it didn't happen last year when I was rejected. *Heart palpitations*

While that certainly sounds atypical, I'd find it comforting personally. If they weren't considering you, this wouldn't happen!

1 hour ago, jmn753 said:

I've had references checked in the past. I didn't realize it was as formal as that though... 

5 hours ago, jmn753 said:

tbh ive gotten 2 emails from MUN asking me to call them ASAP and i got super scared but it always ended up being them just wanting to confirm something random from my application lol it really did give me a heart attack though. i think they probably have a rule about not being able to ask certain questions over email so I think calls are a lot less serious than they might make it seem in their email

7 hours ago, jmn753 said:

Just wondering, but did your references get contacted first via email first, or by phone? My references have not heard back as much and was wondering how Verifiers for Memorial are contacted primarily!

8 minutes ago, Studenter said:

Just wondering, but did your references get contacted first via email first, or by phone? My references have not heard back as much and was wondering how Verifiers for Memorial are contacted primarily!

She received an email, and was asked to make an appt to speak over the phone. So this is for the letter, and not the ECs for myself personally.