Premed 101 Forums

Admission Announcements 2020/2021

6 minutes ago, Confidenceiskey said:

MVP right here! 

I'm surprised to hear that they'd be coming out so late... but that helps put an anxious mind to rest (for today) 

I'm still refreshing my inbox like a crazy person. This forum and everyone touching base has been super helpful and reassuring.

I'm tempted to say, if I don't get in, would anyone want to have a virtual cry session lol

Not to be too crazy but I saw this previous post and then the NEXT day (March 6th) they released decisions... I don't trust admissions

On 3/5/2019 at 9:59 AM, Terreneuvien said:

"We do not give out a specific date just in case of any power outages because then there would be a lot of upset people. All I can tell you is that it will be in March sometime and if you provided the correct email you will be informed when it is released" - the response I just got.

Also she was rather apologetic that she couldn't give me more information.

I'm so sorry to hear about the rejections - I've been there a number of times and it stings like hell. I remember reading a post on here sometime ago about how each year you just become a stronger and stronger applicant and I really do believe that to be the case. If you are intending on applying again, just remember that you're already building on top of a pretty damn strong foundation.

18 minutes ago, LGMedepi said:

I also just got in (9:44am) and it was my fourth time applying. I can't truly believe it but if you want it bad enough, please don't give up! 

Congratulations!! Do you have any tips or suggestions of what you may have done differently this year to receive an acceptance?

2 minutes ago, PEIhopeful97 said:

Not even an Newfoundland applicant but still glued to this thread now :) ! Congrats to everyone who is getting in! And good luck going forward for those who got an R or are on the waitlist! Don't give up! For those of you who got a letter, would you mind sharing your stats? Curious what my chances are!

Also not NFLD applicant, also glued to this thread, also would love to see stats if people are willing to share!

Just got the acceptance email! IP applicant currently studying in another Atlantic province

Here are my stats for those wondering:

GPA: 89%

MCAT: 514

Essays: not sure the weight they place on these but I talked about my unique experiences that I hoped would set me apart from other applicants

Interview: thought MMI was okay and traditional was not great... cringed at my answers for weeks and weeks

If you have any questions on the application process please feel free to message me! I wouldnt have been here without the help of so many generous people and I would love to pay it forward :)

On 3/11/2021 at 9:10 AM, LGMedepi said:

I'm still refreshing my inbox like a crazy person. This forum and everyone touching base has been super helpful and reassuring.

I'm tempted to say, if I don't get in, would anyone want to have a virtual cry session lol

yes pls :(((